Exams Coordinator for Students with Special Needs
Department Name Inclusion and Special Needs Support Center
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Student Affairs contributes to the educational mission of Qatar University by providing innovative opportunities, quality programs, and efficient services that enrich the students’ learning experience and their personal development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Exams Coordinator for students with special needs position exists to ensure that students and potential students with special needs have equal access to all means of reasonable accommodations. The Exams Coordinator is responsible for coordinating testing accommodations provided to students with a variety of disabilities. The goal of alternative testing is to provide equitable access to the process of taking exams. This person must be able to work a flexible schedule and this will include mainly daytime shifts but occasionally evening or weekend.
- Evaluates and interprets disability documentation to establish service eligibility.
- Meet with students to conduct intake interviews and develop accommodations in compliance with the University
- Formulates accommodation plans that delineate accommodations, which are in conformance with the ISNSC guidelines.
- Presents general information about ISNSC services to prospective and/or currently enrolled students.
- Communicate with students to determine specific needs and make arrangements for test and exam accommodation
- Schedules alternative exam times and book rooms that will accommodate the individual needs of students
- Provides scribing, reading, and/or exam proctoring services for students with documented disabilities at QU as needed for students in class and during tests.
- Operates assistive technology used for students to complete tests and exams and for converting test and exam copies to alternate formats
- Consults with faculty and professional staff to implement exam accommodations and to provide information and support as needed,
- Provides excellent customer service to students and refers students who need advising, counseling, or other support services to appropriate centers.
- Assures that appropriate testing environments for students with disability are maintained
- Develops a sustainable system for exams and notetaking accommodations that support independence for students with special needs at QU
- Hires, trains, and supervises students workers on exams and class accommodations
- Arranges the schedule of student workers on exams and class accommodations (note-takers, scribes and aides)
- Verifies and approves hours for student workers on exams and class accommodations
- Administer and proctor tests or exams, as needed.
- Monitor and maintain confidential records for the students with special needs.
- Maintain resources, materials and accurate records of services provided.
- Participate in research on disability studies, UDL, and assistive technology
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Education or closely related field; or Bachelor's degree in a related field with an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Demonstrated understanding and /or developing knowledge of disability laws and regulations with the ability to evaluate disability documentation; make recommendations for accommodations; and support services in a higher education setting.
- Knowledge and skills regarding a wide range of assistive technology.
- Commitment to professional development relating to special needs support services; continually working to remain current with various technologies and options for students with disabilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with students with disabilities in a higher education setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles, concepts, methods and techniques of Universal Design and its application across the higher education environment; and the ability to provide formal/informal training/presentations throughout the University to increase awareness and understanding of universal design concepts and other disability-related topics
- Bilingual preferred.(English and Arabic)
- Priority for Qataris
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Non-Academic
End Date of Advertisment 13-Nov-2018