Classified Title: Administrative Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OE
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30-5:00
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 10000002-President Office of
Personnel area: University Administration
The Office of the President, a fast paced, exciting work environment, is looking for an administrative coordinator at the front desk. Responsible for a wide range of administrative duties for the office, this position will serve as the front-line receptionist, and will provide administrative support to at least two members of the President’s team. This position provides an important and visible role for the university, and work assignments involve considerable judgment, tact, creativity, initiative and a high level of confidentiality.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer a multi-line telephone. •Screen and triage callers.
- Refer questions and direct calls to the appropriate staff members and offices.
- Greet and welcome visitors to the office.
- Provide administrative support for 2 - 3 high-level staff members.
- Assist with calendaring, preparation of materials and screening calls.
- Provide backup on calendars for the President and other members of the office.
- Schedule conference rooms for the suite.
- Assist lobby staff with visitor logs and general information.
- Prepare outgoing mail and express packages.
- Assist in setting up new employees to the office.
- Arrange routine maintenance and service calls on office equipment.
- Work with Facilities and IT department to ensure office is properly maintained and any problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintain shared kitchen. •Perform other duties as assigned.
Required: High school diploma or GED
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Three years of related experience in a professional environment is required.
- Strong communication skills, including, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- This position also requires the ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities.
Special Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and in a team; to take initiative and be flexible
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word and Excel preferred
- Experience with SAP a plus
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.