Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Semiconductor Physics
The position is associated with the project "High entropy alloys for thermal, electronic and optical applications (HEATER)" funded by The Research Council of Norway within the FRINATEK program. The project will explore high-throughput combinatorial synthesis, characterization, computation, theory and machine learning strategies for innovative functional material discoveries among high entropy alloys. Partners in the project are SINTEF, UoO and NTNU, with collaborators in Germany, Portugal and Israel. The Central theme for the Postdoc position is the synthesis of novel high entropy semiconductor alloys (HEA) and characterization of structural and functional properties.
The main work of the Postdoc will be carried out in the Semiconductor Physics/LENS research group (Light and Electricity from Novel Semiconductors) within the Department of Physics/Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology (SMN) at UiO. LENS is an internationally recognized research group providing a stimulating research environment to promote training/education of students and Postdocs. The research group focuses on application-motivated basic research, where we address rather fundamental materials science and physics issues relevant to enabling technologies for renewable energy.
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates will be selected in accordance with this, expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in Physics.
- We seek a candidate with a solid scientific background in materials science, with well-documented experience in material characterization.
- For the present position, well-documented experience with thin film deposition techniques such as magnetron sputtering and clean room experience is an advantage. Experience with characterization of thin film optical and electrical properties is necessary. Good communication skills is a must, and experience with techniques such as XRD, SEM, XPS, Hall measurements etc. is an advantage.
- The Post doc is expected to travel occasionally to collaboration partners to participate in characterization abroad.
- If the Doctoral degree is not yet accomplished, the dissertation must have been submitted for evaluation by the position closing date. Under these circumstances, the Appointment depends on the public defense of the doctoral thesis being approved.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
salary NOK 515 200 – 597 400 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow (position code 1352)
a professionally stimulating working environment attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
How to apply
The application must include
- cover letter (statement of motivation, summarizing scientific work and research interest)
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only)
- a complete list of publications
- 5 numbers of academic works that the applicant wishes to be considered
- list of reference persons: 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on the documented, academic qualifications and the quality of the project as well as the candidates motivation and personal suitability. Interviews with the best qualified candidates will be arranged.
Professor Terje Finstad, phone number: +47 22 85 28 55, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Andrej Kuznetsov; phone number: +47 22 85 77 62, e-mail: email@example.com
For technical questions regarding the recruitment system, please contact HR-officer Nina Holtan, phone number: +47 22 85 44 24, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org