Assessment and Evaluation Analyst
Starting Salary Range: $51,975 - $71,497 per year
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 15-MD:JH at Towson
Department name: 60000026-Cntr for Research & Reform in Education
Personnel area: School of Education
Oversees implementation of evaluation studies involving mixed methods, data collection, develops instrumentation for data collection, interprets results from data analyses, and writes technical reports, journal quality papers, and proposals. Typical studies involve onsite data collection at K12 schools via surveys, interviews, and observations, and therefore, experience and skills in communicating with principals, teachers, ad parents.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Will collaborate directly with the project PI and communicate regularly regarding project status.
- Develop instruments such as surveys, interview protocols, and observation guides for collecting evaluation data from project sites (primarily schools).
- Develop Statements of work (SOWs) and methodologies for data collection and analyses.
- Oversee implementation of the evaluation studies via site visits, conference calls, and email communication.
- Participate in development, testing and evaluation of manuals, questionnaires, and coding structures to ensure the accurate and efficient collection of data.
- Participate as a member of a collaborative group study team in study design and analysis of data.
- Participate with the team and the clients in planning follow-up studies and dissemination of results of completed studies.
- Synthesizes, analyzes, and interprets data obtained from surveys, observations, interviews, and student achievement (or other) measures.
- Prepares and writes detailed reports to clients and sponsors compiling and summarizing findings, and make recommendations for program improvements, policies, and follow-up research.
- Writes proposals for independent program evaluations by CRRE in response to RFPs or sole-source requests from potential sponsors.
- Conducts scholarly literature searches and reviews of prior research as needed for evaluation projects and papers.
- Conducts interviews with high-level study participants, such as superintendents, organization CEOs, principals, and others as needed.
- Conducts observations of schools and classes using standardized protocols, particularly involving uses of educational technology for instruction and learning.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Master’s degree in education or social sciences required.
- Six or more years of experience as a researcher on applied education projects.
- Applicants much attach a (one page maximum) description of recent research related experience and achievements
- Applicants must submit a writing sample
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), statistical software packages
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
JH at Towson