Regional Arts Project Officer
- Fixed Term (until 30.06.2019 possible 2 year extension), Part Time (0.4 FTE)
- School of Education and the Arts
- CQUniversity Mackay
- Total Salary $24,460 to $25,836 pa (plus generous leave entitlements & super)
Are you an energetic & creative go-getter, who will develop and deliver innovative arts & culture projects in the wider Central Queensland region?
Your New Work Area:
CQUniversity and The School of Education and the Arts has partnered on art, culture and community building projects with a number of the Local Government Agencies in Central Queensland over many years and is a research and evaluation partner on a range of regional initiatives. CQUniversity has now been awarded the contract to deliver the new Regional Arts Services Network for the wider Central Queensland region.
The Regional Arts Services Network is an initiative of the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland. The Regional Arts Services Network is a new approach to the delivery of statewide arts services, Central Queensland University has been appointed as the Central Queensland provider.
Your New Role:
Working with key staff in the School of Education & the Arts, the Regional Arts Officer and Regional Arts Cluster (Wide Bay Burnett OR Greater Whitsunday) to support the achievement of key capacity building and facilitation initiatives and support and develop regional arts services for the wider Central Queensland region.
You Will Be:
- Working collaboratively and with demonstrated time management skills to ensure the effective delivery of regional arts capacity building, producing and touring programs, balancing specific regional and community needs, artistic integrity and professionalism.
- Assisting with the organising of scheduled events including liaising with stakeholders, booking of rooms/venues, organising catering, obtaining relevant risk assessments, setting up/pack down of venues etc.
You Will Have:
- Experience in regional arts, arts/cultural management, producing and implementing cultural events and programs or in a similar role
- Knowledge and experience of regional settings and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts and cultures
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook and Internet Explorer and proficiency in the use of such software.
- Completion of a diploma level qualification in Arts Management, Creative Industries, or similar, with relevant work experience (desirable).
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32695
- Applications Close: 11:59pm, Sunday 23 September 2018
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria and Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply