Administration Officer, Centre for Crop Disease Management
Fixed term full time until 30 Sept 2022
$68,694 - $75,251 (G05) plus 17% Superannuation
Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% universities worldwide (ARWU 2018 and QS World University Rankings 2019), and is placed 20th in the world for universities less than 50 years old (QS Top 50 Under 50 2019). Curtin is WA’s most preferred university, with highly engaged industry-facing partners. A major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
Centre for Crop Disease Management
The Centre for Crop and Disease Management (CCDM) is a national research centre co-supported by Curtin University and the Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC). Launched in 2014, the centre’s major aim is to reduce the economic impact of crop disease for Australian growers.
Your new role
A rare opportunity is available for an outstanding individual to coordinate and undertake high-level administrative activities, which support the day-to-day operational effectiveness of CCDM.
- Assist the Centre Manager in developing and documenting administrative processes that contribute to the delivery of effective administrative services to meet the strategic objectives and business requirements of the CCDM.
- Assist the Centre Manager in the preparation of operational plans and reports.
- Have responsibility under direction for meeting statutory approvals via OGTR, and State and Federal Quarantine.
- Managing Material Transfer Agreements, maintaining IP registers, and required reporting.
- Assist the Centre Manager in providing financial and administrative consultation and advice to new and existing researchers to the Centre in terms of University policy and processes.
- Coordinate CCDM research documentation in consultation with Centre Leadership Team and relevant participants from the Office of Research & Development and external parties.
Please review the position description
You will bring to the role
- Completion of a relevant degree, preferably in a Finance or Science background; or completion of a diploma and considerable relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant work experience and education/training.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating the administrative requirements of a functional area or business unit.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills, particularly in the Microsoft suite of applications.
- Demonstrated organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple and often competing tasks with attention to accuracy and detail within deadlines.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in both oral and written communication with a well-developed cross-cultural sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, with the ability to use discretion and knowledge to determine appropriate actions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team.
What we offer you
CCDM offers exciting career paths and trajectories.
For details of Curtin’s employee benefits please visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
What we need from you
You are encouraged to respond specifically to the selection criteria.
Applications close: 5 pm, Wednesday 26 September 2018
How to apply
For further information and to be considered for this position please apply directly on Curtin University's website, http://staff.curtin.edu.au/job-vacancies/
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
Explore some more http://ccdm.com.au/