Ambulatory Care Nurse II, Brier Creek, Endoscopy
Brier Creek - Endoscopy
Brier Creek-Raleigh- Endoscopy
Independently plan and provide professional nursing care for patients in an ambulatory surgery/endoscopy unit in accordance with the medical and nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Plan, provide and document professional nursing care in an ambulatory/endoscopy setting, utilizing Maestro Op-Time and Provation, in accordance with physician orders and policies and procedures, under the supervision of the charge nurse, clinical lead or HCA.
- Collect and analyze patient data in all areas of endoscopy including pre-op, procedure rooms and recovery areas. 3. Make recommendations for nursing care plans, evaluate nursing care provided, document and communicate appropriate nursing action taken and patient responses in all areas of care including pre-op, procedure rooms and recovery.
- Delegate tasks to other staff, including patient care techs.
- Assist other staff members as needed in the delivery of care.
- Maintain environment of care, including equipment, instruments, chemicals, containers/boxes, supply and linen carts, etc.
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining the following competencies: Point of Care Testing, Moderate Sedation, Electro-surgery (ERBE), OESO Training
- Identifies learning needs and seeks appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Identifies clinical, operational and safety related performance improvement opportunities and participates I clinical or entity level performance improvement activities.
- Attends practice/staff meetings and in-services.
- Assist in the collection of pathology specimens, generate pathology forms and enter specimen/pathology data into Gajema lab system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the scope of the registered nurse, licensed practical nurse and all unlicensed assistive personnel (Patient Care Techs).
- Ability to assess the nursing needs of patients and their families
- Ability to independently seek out resources and work collaboratively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate clearly with patients, families, providers, administrators, leadership, and other staff.
- Ability to teach patients and families about endoscopy procedures and post-op instructions.
- Ability to use the computer and learn new software.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking with the ability to move or lift at least fifty pounds.
- Ability to remain focused and organized.
- Knowledge of infection control procedures and safety precautions.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission regulatory requirements.
- Prior use of sedation medications and knowledge of their effects.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate’s Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. All registered nurses (new or transferring) without a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing(or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date. Those currently in place will be” grandfathered” but enrollment in a BSN program is highly encouraged.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At the clinical lead or HCA’s discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this level.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Must have current or compact RN licensure in the state of North Carolina. BLS and ACLS required.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401492276
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4180 AMBULATORY CARE NURSE II
Job Family Level E1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Work requires graduation from an accredited BSN or Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date.
Twelve months of appropriate clinical experience is required. At a manager's discretion, employees with 6 months of experience who are exceptional performers may be eligible for this level.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID