Director, Clinical Analytics
DUHS CHIEF NURSE EXECUTIVE
Director, Clinical Analytics – Duke University Health System
Duke University Health System- Nursing and Patient Care Services seeks to hire a Clinical Analytics Leader who will embrace our mission of Transforming Lives Transforming Care.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet organization
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
The Director, Clinical Analytics, is responsible for the overall direction of clinical and research data management for DUHS Nursing and Patient Care Services. A successful candidate will lead a detailed, creative, and actionable statistical analysis program for DUHS Nursing. This will enable the use of predictive models to inform and drive clinical decisions.
This role will collaborate with departments and leaders across the health system (Performance Services, Finance, Nursing Leaders, Clinical Education and Professional Development), DUSON and DUSOM to provide analysis and insight to solve challenging clinical and research problems and identify opportunities. Managing by fact, the Director will help nursing leaders make well-informed, thoughtful clinical decisions to impact patient safety, quality of care and evidenced based decisions.
This resource will also collaborate closely with the executive team, senior management and operations leaders to understand and deliver on key data needs, ensuring standard reporting, and determining meaningful metrics.
This resource will provide oversight of the collection, evaluation and preparation of statistical and narrative reports. The director will make recommendations as it relates to performance improvement activities, clinical outcomes and research within Nursing and Patient Care Services. The director participates in the analysis and interpretation of data. This position ensures the development, maintenance, and quality control of databases and data.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Provides overall management for all internal Nursing and Patient Care Services EBP and Clinical Excellence databases.
- Determine annual metrics in conjunction with DUHS Nursing leaders.
- Designs and develops specific databases for collection, tracking and reporting data.
- Aware of organizational data and respective data experts who understand use of data as well as quality or limitations of data.
- Supports organizational Data Governance through ensuring appropriate access to data, promoting data quality and through transparency by documenting data lineage and business definitions.
- Shares expert knowledge of data.
- Responsible for ensuring high quality data through data profiling, testing, validation and user acceptance.
- Implements systems necessary to collect maintain and analyze data.
- Retrieves and analyzes data from various internal clinical data resources.
- Conducts data reporting and statistical analysis activities..
- Consults with nursing leaders, Performance Services and other departments in the development of effective data collection and analysis.
- Retrieves, reviews, compiles, analyzes and distributes bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as they relate to Nursing and Patient Care Services quality and safety metrics.
- Develops, maintains and facilitates the tools used in Nursing and Patient Care Services for collecting and reporting of data.
- Develops, maintains and standardizes reports for quality and compliance reporting.
- Develops and utilizes knowledge of databases, information systems, statistical tools and analytical principles to analyze quality outcomes that support strategies for improving patient outcomes.
- Knowledgeable of all requirements associated with participation in national databases. Submits information for DUHS.
- Collaborates with designated staff responsible for data input to ensure validity and reliability.
- Assists with the development, implementation and coordination of multiple projects and diverse activities within the department and for Nursing and Patient Care Services.
- Develops innovative, realist solutions to support the Duke Health and DUHS Nursing Strategic Plan.
- Compiles and analyzes data including comparison of outcome measures to benchmark, identifying trends, completing barrier analysis, and assisting in the identification of activities to reach performance goal. Assures completion, accuracy and timeliness of all reports and data.
- Participates in quality initiatives by assisting with data analysis, project design, inter-rate reliability studies and project documentation.
- Participates in best practices of quality improvement by utilizing evidence-base practice findings to enhance the processes of data validity and data reliability.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- analytics, informatics, nursing informatics
Requisition Number 401486931
Duke Entity HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code 5585 DIRECTOR, DUHS ANALYTICS
Job Family Level I2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
BA/BS degree technical/analytical field preferred with strong academic record. Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, I/O Psychology or related field. Ph.D. degree strongly preferred.
7 plus years of experience in relevant analytical/statistical environment. Experience with People/HR analytics and HR technology strongly preferred. Experience in pulling and creating reports within HRIS applications. Previous consulting experience preferred.
Auto req ID