Communication CTR Operator II
SOC-DUKE MEDICINE OPERATORS
Call center agent needed for major university and health system in a 24/7 operation. Responsible for answering telephone calls from the public and internal university/hospital system, facilitating communications throughout the hospital system through the use of multiple communication tools and systems. Serves as the Information Center for staff, physicians and the community.
The Telephone Operator / Communication Clerk is responsible for answering all calls, scheduling appointments and taking messages. Knowledge of business office procedures. Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and typing skills. Skill in answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner. Ability to speak clearly and concisely. Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instruction. Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
Responsible for answering telephone calls from the public and internal university and hospital systems, facilitating communications throughout the institution through the use of multiple communication tools and systems. Serve as the Information Center for staff, physicians and the community
- Manage calls and information flow in a 24/7 in a large university and medical center setting
- Must have prior switchboard experience
- Knowledgeable with word processing skills using current version of Windows
- Be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, have excellent communication skills (good listening skill and clear diction)
- Must have good judgment and decision making skills (particularly in emergency situations, integrate new information quickly, self-motivated to find information needed and to work with the team.
- Customer service, confidentiality, strong comfort level with computers, basic knowledge of health care and medical terminology are essential.
- Answer calls on a multi-line system, determine the caller's need, and transfer the call to the appropriate department. May need to research within software database to determine how to assist the caller (department referrals, physicians, appointment line, etc.)
- Having a clear, professional speaking voice and providing excellent customer service to all customers are key!
- Must also have prior experience answering and routing calls using a multi-line phone or system, and must be comfortable using a computer for research/emails and learning new systems.
- Screen telephone calls to ensure routing to the appropriate department or individual.
- Ability to talk and type simultaneously
- Computer literate
- Typing speed of 40 WPM minimum with 90% accuracy
- Excellent spelling
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Exceptional phone etiquette
- Have a positive attitude
- MS Office knowledge a plus
- Spanish bilingual a plus
- High school education or GED
- At least two years medical office experience required.
- One year office switchboard experience required.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills required.
- Must be available to work flexible days and hours.
- 1-year minimum working experience in a Community Based Organization or Customer Service.
- Proficiency in written and verbal English and targeted language.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Pleasant telephone manner.
- Proficiency in PC/MAC – working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications,
- Ability to prioritize assignments to complete work in a timely manner.
Requisition Number 401489939
Duke Entity HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code 4035 COMMUNICATION CTR OPERATOR I
Job Family Level B1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
High School graduate
Prior knowledge of a communications system is preferred.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID