The Stanford Nano Shared Facilities (SNSF) is seeking an Administrative Associate to provide administrative or operational support working under general supervision. This halftime position seeks a great candidate to support our staff and users, and make sure our Center runs smoothly.
Stanford’s shared nanofacilities offer a comprehensive array of advanced nanofabrication and nanocharacterization tools. Over 1,300 researchers make use of the shared facilities each year in order to further their research programs. The goal of the shared facilities at Stanford University is to provide open, cost-effective access to state-of-the-art nanofabrication and nanocharacterization facilities for scientists and engineers from academia, small and large companies, and government laboratories.
For more information about SNSF, visit http://snsf.stanford.edu.
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, reports, brochures, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Coordinate office moves.
- May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.
- Maintain approved content on websites.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Prior experience with Stanford on-line ordering and financial reporting systems.
- Four-year college degree.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office Suite and e-mail applications.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED)
High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.