Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor, Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Join Swinburne’s Department of Business Technology & Entrepreneurship
- Academic Level C $115,855 – $133,313, Level D $139,132 - $153,093 + 17% Super
- Ongoing, Hawthorn Campus
About the job
The Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor, Entrepreneurship and Innovation will be focused on providing strong and energetic leadership in research, teaching and other professional activities within the Faculty of Business and Law. The appointee will have expertise in design thinking and contribute to the Australian Graduate School of Entrepreneurship’s (AGSE) flagship program Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation (MEI). In this role, the appointee will maintain and develop partnerships with a wide range of industries and public institutions.
The Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor, Entrepreneurship and Innovation will also maintain a significant program of public and institutional engagement, working with other Swinburne researchers, to strengthen and amplify existing and acknowledged research strengths of the University, in accordance with its strategic plan. The position is expected to foster and participate in activities that build further on existing links with government, business, communities and professions in Australia and internationally. The appointee will be expected to maintain an internationally significant record of publications, and a nationally competitive record of research funding. In addition, the appointee will have teaching responsibilities, which will involve preparing and delivering classes and assessing students in the entrepreneurship and innovation discipline both on campus and online. The position will also make a strong contribution to the mentoring of early career researchers and in attracting and supervising relevant higher degree candidates.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- An earned PhD in entrepreneurship and innovation or a closely related field with an established research record in the relevant discipline
- Experience in undertaking teaching, associated administrative duties, coordination and curriculum development at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In particular, expertise in teaching design thinking
- A strong national and international reputation as a leader with an internationally recognised track record of research in the discipline area as evidenced by an extensive range of publications in top-tier journals and by measurable high impact outcomes – Associate Professor
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the respective position description for Academic Level C and Academic Level D
- Onsite health services
- Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans - It can help you get the most value from what you earn
- Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) discounted memberships
Discover more discounts when you start at Swinburne. Receive movie tickets and staff membership options at the Swinburne bookshop. There's news subscriptions and computer and software discounts on offer.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit:
Further information, contacts and support
To start an application click on apply at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Professor Milé Terziovski on +61 3 9214 8559 or email at email@example.com.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org, or our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Officer, Sherrin Trautmann on DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at: 5pm, Thursday 27th September 2018