DHTS IT Analyst
ACE - RESEARCH SOLUTIONS
Responsible for performing data analysis and problem solving in a complex healthcare environment.
Interact with customers (doctors, nurses, hospital management, investigators etc.) on understanding/defining their information needs and partner with other business and technical staff to meet those needs. Brainstorm with functional teams and recommend optimal way to collect, store, retrieve and analyze the data. Translate business requirements into code and documentation. Develop metadata definitions from the business rules.
This person will be heavily involved in selection, manipulation, integration and analysis of data from variety of sources. They also will create SQL and reports as needed to support their projects.
- Individual contributor representing the most common entry point for this career ladder; works under direct supervision.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proven application of knowledge within a specific discipline(s).
- Completes tasks and portions of larger projects, identifying internal resources to build project team capabilities.
- May function in a cross-team environment.
- Individual contributor that works under limited supervision. Applies subject matter knowledge; requires capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge.
- Maintains a level of exposure to external industry and market technical intelligence.
- Performs and coordinates simple to complex projects with minimal direction.
- Optimizes internal resources to maximize team capabilities.
- Leads peers to resolve complex issues consistent with divisional/organizational goals.
- Serve as technical resource for discipline in cross-functional teams.
- Effectively communicates specific IT issues/solutions to clients.
- Review, understand and document the current operational processes and data sources to establish support for current and future reporting requirements.
- Help customers organize their thoughts around their information needs. Bridge the gap (if any) between client business needs and their data/information requests.
- Capture and document project scope and requirements.
- Develop design document for data mapping and data transformation processes.
- Develop metadata for structures in the data warehouse.
- Identify and enforce data standards to ensure consistent and maintainable structures in the data warehouse.
- Perform source system analysis and data profiling.
- Analyze data in source systems to assess data quality and make recommendations for addressing concerns to the Data Governance Board.
- Work with Data Modelers and ETL Developers to develop logical data model(s) and introduce structures for the data warehouse
- Create SQL as needed for projects to work with data already in the Data Warehouse
- Develop analytical and/or operational reports (ex: WebiReports, Crystal Reports) based on customer requirements.
- Consult with customers to assist with SQL and data concerns.
- Communicate and document status/knowledge/issues with customers, other members of the implementation teams (including other functional areas) and project manager.
- Support customers in providing custom data extracts.
The information above describes the general nature and level of work assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of position incumbents.
Requisition Number 401494507
Duke Entity HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code 3844 DHTS IT ANALYST
Job Family Level CD
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalenttechnical experience required.LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:Credential requirements will vary, depending on work area.
Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education (orequivalency) requirement.Level 2 - Two years of related experience is required.Level 3 - Four years of related experience is required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID