Section Head of Accommodation and Community Outreach
Location Doha, QA
Department Name Inclusion and Special Needs Support Center
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Student Affairs contributes to the educational mission of Qatar University by providing innovative opportunities, quality programs, and efficient services that enrich the students’ learning experience and their personal development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Section Head of Special Needs Accommodation and Community Outreach position working closely with the Centre Director and Special Needs Consultant, will be responsible for managing all aspects of QU special needs accommodations. He/she is responsible for providing leadership and management of the appropriate programs and services in support of students with disabilities in compliance with Qatar applicable laws and Qatar University related policies. This position exists to ensure that students and potential students with special needs have equal access to all that QU has to offer. Main tasks includes developing and maintaining the Section’s current plan, maintaining and strengthening stakeholder relationships (internal and external)
- Evaluates and interprets disability documentation to establish service eligibility.
- Review and interpret diagnostic evaluations, including medical documentation, psychological and neurological reports and the additional academic support report.
- Meet with students to conduct intake interviews and develop accommodations in compliance with the University policy.
- Formulate accommodation plans that delineate accommodations, which are in conformance with the ISNSC guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with the requirements of the Qatari laws related to people with disability by monitoring successful implementation of individualized accommodations.
- Supervises staff within the Accommodation and Community Outreach section and ensures quality disability services are delivered.
- Provides professional development for the Accommodation and Community Outreach section staff.
- Creates, plans and implements university recruiting activities and materials designed to attract students with disabilities.
- Promote access for students with disabilities to programs and activities to insure full participation in the QU activities and educational process.
- Maintain awareness of best practices for students with Special needs in higher education and be informed of new assistive technologies, which support increased independence of students with disabilities.
- Apply data collection systems to update necessary information in a timely fashion.
- Develop and implement community outreach plan to assist students with disability as they make the transition from high school to a college or to the job market.
- Actively educate the QU community about disability issues, law and regulations and academic accommodation for students with disability.
- Participate in research on disability studies, UDL, and assistive technology.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Special Education or closely related field with at least three (3) years -experience; or Bachelor's degree in a related field with an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A proven leader with a minimum of 2 years’ of experience in the Special Needs support field
- Ability to manage and motivate staff
- Demonstrated understanding and /or developing knowledge of disability laws and regulations with the ability to evaluate disability documentation; make accommodations decision, and support services in a higher education setting.
- Knowledge and skills regarding a wide range of assistive technology.
- Commitment to professional development relating to special needs support services; continually working to remain current with various technologies and options for students with disabilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with students with disabilities in a higher education setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles, concepts, methods and techniques of Universal Design and its application across the higher education environment; and the ability to provide formal/informal training/presentations throughout the University to increase awareness and understanding of universal design concepts and other disability-related topics
- Bilingual preferred.(English and Arabic)
- priority for Qataris
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Non-Academic
End Date of Advertisement 12-Nov-2018