Location Doha, QA
Department Name CENTER FOR EXCELLENCE IN TEACHING AND LEARNING
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The mission of Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) is to support QU academic staff with ongoing professional development programs and resources that meet faculty needs for high quality education. CETL aims to facilitate and support faculty research endeavors and the implementation of best teaching practices in a collaborative working environment through workshops and seminars on curriculum enhancement and innovations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide expert consultation to University faculty and staff to support the development, delivery, and continuous improvement of transformative learning experiences that enable students to apply and reflect on what they are learning by participating in research and discovery, and authentic scholarly and professional learning activities.
- Facilitate ongoing innovation and experimentation by University faculty regarding effective teaching that exposes students to and engages them in the research and discovery that distinguishes a major research university.
- Integrate methods of experiential learning that generate measurable data useful in assessing the impact of these activities to facilitate understanding their impact and contribution to both student learning and faculty teaching effectiveness.
- Support University faculty in advancing innovation and excellence in teaching and learning. Work in collaboration with faculty integrating experiential learning opportunities into curricula for programs of study in addition to individual courses or designated internships, field experiences, or similar targeted experiences.
- Conduct original research and provide classroom instruction related to excellence and innovation in teaching and learning.
- Supports implementation and updates of CETL strategic plan
- Develops Pedagogical support for QU academic staff by assisting teachers in using emerging educational tools.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with staff, organizational members, and external bodies
- Works collaboratively with colleges to implement a Blended e-learning environment using appropriate pedagogical strategies into e- learning modules
- Meets regularly with the staff assigned to Pedagogical Practices.
- Attends meetings to advise on different aspects of training programs related to faculty needs
- Provides needed support for events inside and outside QU
- Prepares the budget proposal related to Pedagogical Practices
- Evaluates effectiveness of training and development procedures and recommends improvement
- Prepares an annual report to the Director on the status and future Pedagogical Practices plan
- Maintains confidentiality of information at all times.
- Demonstrated pedagogical knowledge in planning and coordinating a blended e-learning environment
- Ability to use educational technology effectively to support teaching and learning
- Ability to effectively interact with faculty and staff delivering one-to-one sessions or working with small groups to develop technological skills related to education and classroom instruction.
- Deep knowledge of programming skills suitable for an online environment including HTML, animation and graphic design
- Experience in Blackboard and other platforms at a professional level
- Excellent communication skills to coordinate with multiple stakeholders
- Maintaining a professional image and good interpersonal skills
- Strong team orientation and team participation;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic languages
- Strong ability to plan and coordinate activities and establishing priorities
- Strong problem identification and solving skills
- Skill in public relations and handling complaints
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality results at all times
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Master’s degree in Educational Technology/ Computer Science/ Instructional Design or equivalent; with 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in management, teaching, teacher training or in-service training related to the use of technology for instructional and faculty development purposes
- Fluency in written and verbal Arabic and English languages
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Academic
End Date of Advertisement 31-Oct-2018