Post-Doctoral Position in Socioeconomic Research in Czech Rural Development
Job title: Post-Doctoral Position in Socioeconomic Research in Czech Rural Development
Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, offers 13 moths job for a researcher (Post-Doctoral Position) under the project: “Supporting the development of international mobility of research staff at CULS Prague”, reg. no. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_027/0008366.
The aim of the project, co-financed by EU (managing authority for Operational Program Research, Development and Education is Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport), is to support the development of international mobility of research staff at CULS Prague.
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Salary: approx. 68,000 CZK (2,600 EUR) per month (the sum is after the taxation according to rules valid in 2018)
Job type: Full Time
Starting date: February 2019
Term contract duration: 13 months
Research addressing socioeconomic context of rural development. It concerns the investigation in the innovations related to sociodemographic issues in the countryside, application of LEADER approach (today also named as Community Led Local Development) in the Czech rural areas, and transition of farming (including origin and development of organic farming and social farming). The research will also focus on food consumption and cultural tradition of fish in the Czech Republic. The main outcome of the research is to provide evidence based measures for the Czech rural development supported by an international experience. The impacts of the research aim to contribute to intensity international contacts in the research targeting the area of the second pillar of EU Common Agricultural Policy. The researcher will work under the guidance of project coordinators at the Faculty of Economics and Management of Czech University of Life Sciences Prague to achieve a significant contribution to the dissemination of research findings through publications, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Completed Ph.D. education or appropriate level 8 of ISCED qualification completed within the last 7 years.
- The applicant has worked outside of the Czech republic for at least 2 years as a researcher (0,5 contract or more) or has studied doctoral studies during the last 3 years.
- The applicant has already published 3 peer reviewed research outputs during the last 3 years.
- Research experience in research in socioeconomic context of rural development (especially in Europe).
- Publication activities in good impact factor publications; excellent skills in English
- Since a part of research will be conducted in the Czech rural communities through face-to-face meetings with local people appropriate level of understanding and communicating in Czech language is a great advantage
Required application documents:
- Diploma (and its nostrification, if necessary)
- Professional résumé (CV), including a list of publications
- Internship plan – availability, schedule of activities during 13 months of the job
- Confirmation of 2 years professional activity outside the Czech Republic within the last 3 years and/or Ph.D. programme documents (conformation can also be included in the résumé – CV)
- A brief description of the research that the post-doc will work on, including justification for the study and its contribution to the field
- Selection will be based on the relevance of candidate´s professional interests and experience, as well as excellence in research achievements.
Please apply before October 13, 2018 by sending all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review will begin immediately. Successful candidates will be contacted by the October 23 2018. The second round of the interview will take place in the form of a video call between October 23, 2018 - October 26, 2018.
About the employer:
The Faculty of Economics and Management (FEM) is the largest faculty of the Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague. There are about 10,000 students enrolled in its study programmes and all forms of education. The faculty offers a wide scale of education covering the areas of management, economics, ITC, systems engineering, public administration and regional/rural development, which reflect the needs of the entire economy and society.
The faculty is engaged in theoretical and applied research, which addresses many areas corresponding with the study programmes. The research, incl. Framework programmes and Horizon 2020 projects, is implemented in co-operation with various research institutes, as well as with other organizations in the Czech Republic (such as universities), Europe and overseas.