Post-Doctoral Position in Economic Research in Agricultural Productivity
Job title: Post-Doctoral Position in Economic Research in Agricultural Productivity
Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, offers 12 moths job for a researcher (Post-Doctoral Position) under the project: “Supporting the development of international mobility of research staff at CULS Prague”, reg. no. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_027/0008366.
The aim of the project, co-financed by EU (managing authority for Operational Program Research, Development and Education is Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport), is to support the development of international mobility of research staff at CULS Prague.
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Salary: EUR 1850 per month (net)
Job type: Full Time
Starting date: February 2019
Term contract duration: 12 months
Research aims to address questions related to productivity and efficiency changes in Czech agriculture. It concerns the investigation of sources of agricultural productivity growth in the presence of environmental and social externalities. The research will also focus on the effects of public policies at farm level determined by farm characteristics such as farm size and farm specialization. The main outcome of the research is to provide evidence based measures for the Czech agriculture supported by an international experience. The impacts of the research aim to contribute to intensity international contacts in the research targeting the area of EU Common Agricultural Policy. The researcher will work under the guidance of project coordinators at the Faculty of Economics and Management of Czech University of Life Sciences Prague to achieve a significant contribution to the dissemination of research findings through publications, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Completed Ph.D. education or appropriate level 8 of ISCED qualification completed within the last 7 years
- Research experience in the analysis of productivity and efficiency
- Publication activities in good impact factor publications – at least 2 publications within the last 3 years; excellent skills in English
- The applicant has worked outside of the Czech Republic for at least 2 years as a researcher (0.5 contract or more) or has studied doctoral studies during the last 3 years
Required application documents:
- Diploma (and its nostrification, if necessary)
- Professional résumé (CV), including a list of publications
- Internship plan – availability, schedule of activities during 12 months of the job
- A brief description of the research that the post-doc will work on, including justification for the study and its contribution to the field
- Selection will be based on the relevance of candidate´s professional interests and experience, as well as excellence in research achievements.
Please apply before October 13th, 2018 by sending all required documents to Prof. Ing. Lukáš Čechura, Ph.D. (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ). Application review will begin immediately. Successful candidates will be contacted by November 1st, 2018.
About the employer:
The Faculty of Economics and Management (FEM) is the largest faculty of the Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague. There are about 10,000 students enrolled in its study programmes and all forms of education. The faculty offers a wide scale of education covering the areas of management, economics, ITC, systems engineering, public administration and regional development, which reflect the needs of the entire economy and society.
The faculty is engaged in theoretical and applied research, which addresses many areas corresponding with the study programmes. The research is implemented in co-operation with various research institutes, as well as with other organizations in the Czech Republic (such as universities), Europe and overseas.