Social Media Coordinator, Office of News and Communication
Office of News & Communications
Social Media Coordinator (Level 12 senior public relations specialist)University Communications(UComms), Duke University
The social media coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day content management and monitoring of Duke’s social media channels, which collectively reach over 1.2 million followers.
This position coordinates closely with teammates in UComms to ensure strategy, content and editorial production are aligned, and that priorities and goals are clear.
The network of communicators at Duke is several hundred strong, and this position interacts with colleagues across the university as well as those at peer schools to stay informed of latest trends and opportunities and to incorporate new practices to increase the effectiveness of Duke’s social communication activity.
Social Media Channel Management
- Implement Duke University’s social media strategy by developing effective and innovative content and messaging to engage multiple audiences on Duke’s main social media accounts and websites.
- Stay up-to-date with content production in UComms in order to share with our audiences.
- Partner with other university units to share their content with our audiences.
- Monitor incoming mentions, messages and questions; and engage with Duke’s audiences on university accounts.
Engagement with the University Community
- Co-teach a social media strategy course for communicators
- Consult with faculty, staff and students on best practices in social media.
- Partner with colleagues within UComms and communicators across Duke to coordinate activities associated with digital and social media.
- Assist with managing and mentoring the @DukeStudents team, a group of 5-8 editors as well as 30+ undergraduates who maintain the student-branded channels.
University Brand and Reputation Management
- Track performance metrics using assessment tools (including Google Analytics) and emerging technologies to inform continuous and consistent improvement of Duke’s online presence.
- Monitor traffic on social networks and flag conversations related to Duke brand mentions and specific keywords.
- Track analytics, key performance indicators and benchmarks.
- Participate in Duke’s reputation management team, monitoring and responding on social media in event situations for the university.
This position includes work that at times takes place after “standard” office hours and on weekends.
Other duties as assigned.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Work requires communication and marketing skills normally acquired through a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Work generally requires one year of related experience in advertising, marketing, media, communications and/or public relations.
A proven record of being able to manage social media for a brand.
Strong writing skills, enthusiasm for new media platforms, a collaborative spirit and a demonstrated ability to produce under tight deadlines also required.
Graphic and digital design experience preferred. Knowledge of Duke a plus.
Requisition Number 401489748
Duke Entity CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
Job Code 1268 PUBLIC RELATIONS SPEC, SENIOR
Job Family Level 12
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires the ability to perform creative writing and relatedactivities such as conducting interviews and research, and copy editingnormally acquired through attainment of a bachelor's degree inJournalism, English or a related discipline.
Work requires two years of directly related writing experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID