DHTS Device Support Analyst I
CLINICAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE FIELD SVCS
DEVICE SUPPORT ANALYST
The Device Support Analyst provides remote and on-site support and maintenance for workstations, printers, and peripheral devices. The Device Support Analyst fields customer questions and problems and uses their technical knowledge to independently resolve the issue, or partner with the appropriate Duke IT technical resource to identify the solution.
- Under direct supervision, provide accurate, timely, and effective solutions for end-user computer problems to ensure end-user productivity.
- Provide timely response to customers, in accordance with service level agreements.
- Research, resolve and respond to incidents and requests reported by customers regarding end-user devices, (e.g. workstations, printers, peripheral devices, etc.) along with some ancillary support for application issues. Use systems and diagnostic tools to troubleshoot issues, either resolving the issue at hand or escalating to the appropriate technical expert.
- Communicate issues effectively to customers, team members, technical experts, and management. Maintain regular communication with all impacted groups until the project/problem/task is brought to resolution.
- Respond to routine customer questions about usability and functionality of hardware and applications. Provide basic education and training to customers, as necessary.
- Maintain accurate information and data regarding end-user issues within the tracking system.
- Update asset management system to correctly record the life cycle and status of desktop hardware, peripherals, and software.
- Test and ensure applications are correctly installed and configured on workstations.
- Participate in team projects to enhance the technical infrastructure or improve the problem resolution process.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all procedures regarding end-user device support and operations.
- Engage with customers and DHTS internal resources to identify trends, training opportunities, and service improvement opportunities.
- May participate in 24X7 on call rotation.
- Assist and support the Security Office and Device Support leadership in monitoring and scanning for security and risk. Ensure that the appropriate security measures are taken in day-to-day work.
- Remain well-informed of all HIPAA, security, and privacy requirements. Responsible for reporting any compliance breaches or concerns to the appropriate resource (management, IT Security Office, Compliance Office, Human Resources, etc.).
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Qualifications at this Level 0
- Associate’s degree in a related field, or two years of equivalent technical experience required.
- Experience: Level 1- One year of IT experience required.
- Must have a current N.C. driver’s license Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Level 1-
- Basic technical knowledge and computer skills, in order to support Windows platforms, Mac platforms, Windows applications and mobile computing devices.
Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, including telephone etiquette
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as technical documentation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to use device standards and follow guidelines, as well as help others interpret policy
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more
- May be required to drive your personal vehicle to conduct Duke business/deliver and install computer equipment
Requisition Number 401486356
Duke Entity HEALTH SYSTEM
Job Code 3841 DHTS DEVICE SUPPORT ANALYST
Job Family Level CD
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Associate's degree in a related field, or two years of equivalent technical experience required. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Must have a current N.C. driver's license.
Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement. Level 2 - Two years of IT experience required, to include one year in an IT-related device support environment. Level 3 - Four years of IT experience required, to include one year in an IT-related device support environment.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID