Ctr Applied Genomics and Precision Med
A Biostatistician II is needed to provide support and assistance to the researchers at CAGPM. This will include, but not be limited to, compiling data from multiple sources, helping to plan and complete statistical analysis, and preparing the analysis for presentation and publication. The Biostatistician II will be expected to work closely with the multiple faculty members sponsored projects with-in CAGPM.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide analysis of high-dimensional genomic and clinical data sets,including clinical survey data,pedigree data, (RNA) sequencing data, micro array data, proteomics data,multiplex PCR data or other complex ‘omic’ data sets.
- Commonly performed analyses include hypothesis testing, data normalization, clustering, testing for differential expression, principal components analysis, generalized linear model development, feature and model selection, and functional enrichment and pathway analyses.
- Apply state-of-the-art and classical statistical approaches to a variety of clinical data sets to elucidate novel biological information and clinical relevance.
- The specific clinical areas of interest include family health history and inherited disease risk, infectious disease, biopolymer exposures, cardiovascular events, and pharmaco genomics, with continued expansion to other clinical fields.
- Independently prepare statistical analysis plans and generate descriptive and basic test statistics, perform basic analysis requests and generate intermediate statistical modeling results.
- Creates timelines for statistical project management, with assistance from project leader and statistical managers.
- Effectively work in a highly collaborative work environment,interacting with physicians, biologists,and quantitative scientists. Efficiently support, refinement and interpretation of analytical results from biological and clinical studies and activities destined for publication.
- My present at relevant scientific meetings or conferences.
- Document analyses, creates summaries, and presents results in written and verbal form to requestors.
- Able to work on any phase of a manuscript project, from initial meeting with an investigator to final review of a manuscript prior to submission for publication, with guidance.
- Builds documentation and organizational skills to effectively return to a project after long intervals during which no progress was made by other members of the project team.
- Contributes meaningfully to discussions of analyses and identifies next steps for analyses.
- Designs analysis data set specifications through writing own R and/or Python code, finds and corrects errors, and validates output and results.
- Combines multiple disparate raw databases and derives analysis variables accurately.
- Collaborates effectively with statistical programmers for supported projects.
- Identifies potential data problems from analytic queries and brings them to the attention of the team.
- Demonstrates understanding of project data collection processes and data sets and shares knowledge with collaborators.
- Also provide consultation or assistance when needed.
- Represents the functional group in project team meetings and contributes constructively to project discussions.
- Drafts statistical sections for study protocols, with guidance of senior or faculty statistician.
- Generates project randomization sequences.
- Provides input regarding data collection tools and data correction criteria and procedures.
- Understands study data and the intricacies of the process through which it is being collected.
- Handles and secures highly confidential and sensitive analyses and documentation.
- Collaborates closely with investigators, sponsors, and other project leadership to ensure that project results and conclusions are presented accurately and without bias.
- Participates actively in the statistical team responsible for designing and validating analysis data sets, programs, and statistical output products (tables, listings,figures).
- Adheres to standard operating procedures (SOPs) of the center as they apply to documentation and validation of clinical research statistics.
- Develops leadership and communication skills and shares them with others.
- Manages project responsibilities with decreasing levels of supervision or regular support and takes initiative to complete project-specific responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates progress inability to multi-task.
Requisition Number 401492277
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 2681 BIOSTATISTICIAN II
Job Family Level 80
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
- Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
- Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
- Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a minimum of a Master's degree in (bio)statistics or related field and no relevant experience, or a bachelors degree in (bio)statistics or related field and 2 years relevant experience, or an equivalent combination or relevant education and/or work experience.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE Prior contribution to analysis of research projects, a working knowledge of SAS, and solid command of the English language is required.
Auto req ID