Biostatistician II, Anesthesiology
BIOSTATISTICIAN II – Anesthesiology
Department of Anesthesiology- Biostatistics and Clinical Outcomes group
The Biostatistics and Clinical Outcomes group in the Department of Anesthesiology at Duke University Medical Center is currently recruiting a Master's-level biostatistician with experience in clinical research. He/she will collaborate with faculty investigators, fellows, and residents in Duke's Anesthesiology department, and lead the analysis of clinical, epidemiological, and basic science projects. The broad scope of work include sample size estimation, preparation of statistical analysis plan (SAP), data management, decision making of appropriate statistical methods, data analyses, summary reports (statistical methods, tables and figures), etc. Good communication skills (verbal and writing) are required for interaction with clinical investigators and statistical colleagues in the same group. Projects include both short term collaborations and long term research efforts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet with investigators to discuss their projects, and provide guidance for study design or answers to statistical questions.
- Work independently or with a senior statistician to develop statistical analysis plan that covers the plan for data management, statistical strategies for the study objective and hypotheses.
- Prepare comprehensive summary reports and provide understandable interpretation of the results to other study team members.
- Prepare statistical-related components for scientific presentations, conference abstracts, manuscripts, study protocols, and grant proposals. This includes the preparation of tables, figures, and graphs depicting research results.
- Design analysis data set specifications.
- Write own SAS and/or R code, find errors, corrects, and validates output and results
- Perform complex programming such as complicated SAS procedures and options, SAS macros, and R functions.
- Program with increasing efficiency.
- Demonstrate understanding of clinical data used in each project
- Maintain excellent documentation for each project for reproducibility purpose.
- Participate in Biostatistics group meetings, share knowledge and new analysis methods/tools with members in the Biostatistics group, and perform other related duties.
- Solid background or experience in survival models.
- Sufficient knowledge or experience in clinical trials
- Proficiency with SAS (including macro language, ODS, and graphics) and R
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and familiarity with Access and SQL
- Ability for data management and formatting for standard statistical software
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills with statisticians and non-statisticians alike, particularly clinical investigators
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines (e.g grant application, conference abstract submission and presentation).
- Strong documentation skills to generate detailed documentation for each project
- Initiative to acquire new skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and for multiple faculty concurrently.
- Previous collaborative research experience in an Academic Medical Center is a plus.
Requisition Number 401490997
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 2681 BIOSTATISTICIAN II
Job Family Level 80
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a minimum of a Master's degree in (bio)statistics or related field and no relevant experience, or a bachelors degree in (bio)statistics or related field and 2 years relevant experience, or an equivalent combination or relevant education and/or work experience.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE Prior contribution to analysis of research projects, a working knowledge of SAS, and solid command of the English language is required.
Auto req ID