Administrator and Outreach Coordinator
- Salary Package from $70,699 to 80,381 pro rata (HEW Level 5), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Part time- 3 days per week, fixed term for 1 year
The Department of Physics and Astronomy requires a skilled and efficient administrator to provide administration support to the Department. As an Administration and Outreach Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing administrative support for the Department’s outreach activities and secretarial support for the Senior Department leadership team and supporting outreach activities with schools and other partner organisations.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing personal assistant support for senior department staff with preparation of documents for committees, conferences and meetings
- Coordinating and expanding outreach activities and opportunities within the department and liaising with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinating and organising on and off-site department events and meetings, including arranging bookings, catering, travel and conference attendance
- Acting as contact for IT and facility management including space/office requirements and maintaining the floorplan, department directory and other relevant resources
- Assisting in the drafting and distribution of department communications, ensuring website content is updated and current, collecting data and preparing report as required
Your previous experience working in a high-volume administration role is an advantage and you thrive working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. You are able to build rapport quickly and your collaborative approach to work will enable you to create strong relationships with your colleagues.
Your keen eye for detail will enable you to ensure the highest quality support to the department.
The department of Physics and Astronomy’s research is world-leading and our research-led teaching trains undergraduate and graduate students to become leaders in their field. Our teaching and research focus is in the areas of Astronomy, Astrophysics, Astrophotonics, Lasers, Photonics, Biophotonics and Quantum Science.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for the position, you must submit an updated CV, and a cover letter which addresses the selection criteria below:
- Demonstrated skills and experience in providing administrative and secretarial support including office and diary management activities
- Experience in establishing and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in preparing internal communications, agendas, minutes, reports and presentations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills, with experience in coordinating events and projects
- Ability to manage confidential matters with discretion
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Applications and Outlook
- Experience in updating and maintaining website
- Understanding of social media platforms
Enquiries: Emma Hastings, Department Manager- email@example.com
Applications Close: 30 September 2018 11.55 pm
Location: Macquarie University Campus, Macquarie Park
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.