5 days left
- Full Time
- Salary Package: From $91,685 to $99,406 p.a. (HEW Level 7), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation.
- Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed term for 6 months.
The Office of Information Technology is currently seeking a suitably qualified Database Administrator to join the team.
Reporting to the Applications Support Manager, you will:
- Provide enterprise-wide, DBA support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database creation, and database production support.
- Create and maintain all database server documentation to agreed standards.
- Be responsible for database configuration and performance tuning.
- Install and maintain of monitoring tools to provide operational database reports and updating of database monitoring maintenance.
- Responsible for database capacity planning and report to senior DBA.
- Undertake database backup and recovery as well as documenting and testing of backup and recovery procedures.
- Deploy new databases into University database environment.
As an important part of the Information Technology team that supports the research, teaching, learning and administrative functions of the University, your experience gained in a similar role will be essential to deliver quality, client focused IT services in a timely manner.
You will have strong knowledge of Database normalization and performance tuning/monitoring. And proficiency in database table creation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
Macquarie University’s central IT Department delivers a range of core services covering wired and wireless networks, infrastructure, applications, telecommunications, design and procurement of systems, project management and business analysis services, strategic IT security, and a growing number of support and advice services (such as information and data management).
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- Certificate in DevOps Foundation.
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL or SQL/SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, and stored procedures
- Demonstrated database administration experience in the deployment or administration of at least two of the following database technologies: Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL, or Postgres
- Proven ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner with minimal supervision
- Strong troubleshooting skill set with in using monitoring tools to determine root cause of technical or process issues within established SLAs.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below:
Enquiries: Samantha Poulos, HR Administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday, 30 September 2018 at 11:55 pm (AEST)
Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde NSW 2109
You will be required to undertake a criminal check.
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.