Sydney Operating Model
Office of Provost & Deputy Vice-Chancellor
- Opportunity to provide administrative support for the Sydney Operating Model program and its Steering Committees
- Full-time fixed term for 12 months
- Remuneration package: HEO5 base salary $73Kp.a. plus leaving loading and generous superannuation benefits
About the opportunity
This position provides administrative support for the Sydney Operating Model program and its Steering Committees under general direction from the Project Manager in the Sydney Operating Model Program Office. Activities include, coordinating steering committee meetings, taking minutes, preparing documents, maintaining records, updating SharePoint and web materials, responding to queries, exploring matters, and sourcing solutions etc. As the first point of contact for committee chairs and members, this role requires strong administrative and organisational skills in order to coordinate and undertake a range of operational activities on an ongoing basis.
In this position, you will:
- provide administrative services and operational support for the Steering Committees of the Sydney Operating Model
- provide general administration services and support for the program
- maintain Program Office documents, information and systems
- build relationships and manages project communications with project stakeholders.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Program Administrator who possesses:
- Certificate IV in business administration or equivalent with relevant business administration experience
- experience in supporting committees, including preparing agenda, taking minutes, and maintaining terms of reference and membership
- effective management of a diverse group of key stakeholders and well-developed negotiation, conflict resolution, relationship building and influencing skills
- strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement and ability to prioritise workload during busy periods.
Sydney Operating Model Program
The University is currently undertaking a comprehensive overhaul of operational arrangements, processes and service delivery models to develop an institution-wide operating model. The model is designed to simplify processes and services, and to make them more efficient in terms of time and unit cost in order to deliver more resources to support the three key pillars of the University’s strategy – research, education and culture. The University expects to begin implementing the operating model from mid- 2018, approaching it in waves incrementally over 2-3 years with the model in place and fully functioning by 2020.
The Provost and Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-Principal, Operations are joint executive sponsors for the Sydney Operating Model program.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1678/0818F to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11:30pm 27 September 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.