Regional Arts Officer
- Fixed Term (until 30.06.2019 possible 2 year extension), Part Time (0.8 FTE)
- School of Education and the Arts
- CQUniversity Rockhampton
- Total Salary $61,353 to $66,079 pa (Plus superannuation and over 5.4 weeks leave)
Are you a self-motivator, with a can do attitude, ready to develop Regional Arts Services for the wider Central Queensland region? Your New Work Area:
CQUniversity and The School of Education and the Arts has partnered on art, culture and community building projects with a number of the Local Government Associations in Central Queensland over many years and is a research and evaluation partner on a range of regional initiatives. CQUniversity has now been awarded the contract to deliver the new Regional Arts Services Network for the wider Central Queensland region.
The Regional Arts Services Network is an initiative of the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland. The Regional Arts Services Network is a new approach to the delivery of statewide arts services, Central Queensland University has been appointed as the Central Queensland provider.
Your New Role:
Work with key staff in the School of Education & the Arts, the Central Queensland Regional Arts Steering Group and Central Cluster to plan, manage and deliver key capacity building and facilitation initiatives to support and develop regional arts services for the wider Central Queensland region.
You Will Be:
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholders to develop and implement the delivery of regional arts capacity building, producing and touring programs, balancing specific regional and community needs, artistic integrity and professionalism
- Planning, producing and managing a range of services and events as identified within the regional arts program.
You Will Have:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of regional settings and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts and cultures with 3-5 years’ experience in regional arts, arts/cultural management, producing cultural events or in a similar role.
- Demonstrated organisational skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities and logistical demands of a cultural program including developing and monitoring multiple events and budgets
- Demonstrated communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and manage partnerships and strong internal and external relationships
- Tertiary qualifications in Arts Management, Creative Industries, or similar, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32697
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday 23 September 2018
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria, Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.