Staff Assistant, Duke Chapel
In support of the Assistant Dean of the Chapel, applies knowledge and skills to complete administrative tasks, including scheduling, internal communications, and coordination of Ministry Team events and efforts.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties in support of the Assistant Dean including central coordination of Ministry Team activities (Community Ministry, Worship, Student Engagement, Religious Life). Maintain a welcoming office environment for the work of the Assistant Dean and the Ministry Team.
- Greet visitors and answer phones as needed.
- Coordinate busy and shifting office calendars, scheduling and coordinating meetings and/or conferences, including room and catering reservations and vendor relationships as needed.
- Manage office work flow, record-keeping, and filing, ensuring integration of paper and electronic record keeping.
- Arrange travel for Ministry Team. Maintain sensitive and confidential departmental records.
- Attend meetings for the purpose of recording, preparing and distributing minutes and reports, and follow-through with action items.
- In collaboration with the other departments, assist in managing the operational budget by considering past requirements and expenditures and present program plans.
- Track expenses for active projects and programs.
- Prepare financial and operational reports and analyses reflecting progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Requisition Number 401490857
Duke Entity CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
Job Code 148 STAFF ASST
Job Family Level 08
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondaryeducation in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires three years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities. OR and equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Auto req ID