Customer Service Representative
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OC
Starting Salary Range: $13.23 - $18.23 per hour
Employee group: Part-time
Schedule: M-F, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 10000133-HFS Fulfillment
Personnel area: Academic and Business Centers
The Customer Service representative will provide excellent customer service to clients and customers. This front line position is the main contact point for the Press for retail, wholesale and general customers when ordering books. This position is an interactive, operational part of the Press.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
- Process incoming order requests.
- Process credit requests.
- Process payments.
- Process returns.
- Answer telephone and e-mail inquiries.
- Handle customer order problems and work with and through the customer to resolve any issues.
- Document customer contact and issues.
- Respond to client requests.
- Interact with retail stores, wholesalers, college professors, clients, authors and the general public.
- Assist with reporting to clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School/GED required.
- Two years customer service and data entry experience required.
- Additional education beyond high school/GED may substitute for some experience.
- PC and database knowledge, MS Office (particularly Excel & Outlook), and general bookkeeping necessary.
- The ability to communicate well orally and in written form is essential.
- Specialized database skills, call center, and publishing industry knowledge a plus.
- Preference is to have four (4) or more years customer service experience in a data entry or call center environment.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information: