Residential Services Coordinator
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The Residential Services Coordinator provides customer service, administrative and operational support and ensures the safety and security of GSB Residences guests and residents. This position is required to resolve routine issues of limited scope within own work area using general guidelines and standards or precedents as reference. This position includes performing regular facility inspections, maintaining facility and office inventory, assisting with the coordination of events, programs and conferences, handling the distribution and sorting of mail, upholding and enforcing all residential policies, procedures and safety standards. The Residential Services Coordinator serves as a residential and program participant resource for all residents and guests.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Respond to routine inquiries from students, faculty, external constituents, and staff.
- Serve as a subject matter resource to students and other departments.
- Contribute to general office administration and process improvements, which may include: report creation and distribution, filing, data entry, collating, guest check in and out, billing, audits, and preparing reservation material.
- Review documents and forms for completeness, track files for follow up and distribute for review.
- Process and sort all incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries.
- Coordinate logistics for outreach activities, meetings, and events.
- Ensure security and safety of residents, conference and program guests. Inform residents and guests of residential policies and procedures and enforce policies when issues of non-compliance arise.
- Research and resolve routine issues, refer complex issues to other staff.
- Routinely inspect facilities and maintain assigned areas.
- Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Associate’s degree and one year of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Customer service skills.
- Basic office administration skills.
- Strong critical thinking and sound decision making capacity.
- Ability to learn compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application.