Assistant Director, Development
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Reporting to the Assistant Athletics Director, Development for DAPER, the Assistant Director, Development will serve as a field fundraiser for the Buck/Cardinal Club with the primary responsibility of managing the priority seating program.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with a portfolio of assigned prospects/donors to cultivate, solicit, and steward their support.
- Manage the Buck/Cardinal Club Priority Seating program for football and men’s basketball
- Assist with the Buck/Cardinal Club Board of Directors, specifically managing the online Volunteer Prospect Tracking System (VPTS).
- Identify and prioritize prospects, make volunteer prospects assignments, prepare background material for solicitations, and follow up with volunteers to ensure completion of assigned solicitations.
- Monitor, analyze, and report on overall results to internal and external constituencies, as needed.
- Oversee various events aimed to cultivate and steward DAPER’s annual giving prospects (i.e., pregame hospitality events, VIP receptions, etc.).
- Serve as the DAPER Development liaison to sport programs.
- Regularly attend home athletic events to serve as an ambassador of the Buck/Cardinal Club, to maintain sufficient knowledge of sports programs, and to increase visibility with donors, prospects, volunteers, coaches, and student-athletes.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Familiarity with fundraising in a higher education environment is desirable.
- Ability to learn new strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies and effectively develops relationships that enhance overall development goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Strong data analysis skills including organizing and analyzing data, and communicating/presenting results and recommendations in a succinct fashion to key stakeholders.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage projects simultaneously.
- Good organizational and time management skills, including the ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Why Stanford for you:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide excellent retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, swim in our Olympic-sized pool, or choose from hundreds of health and fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide highly competitive health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commute programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!