Location : Manchester St James's
Closing Date : 05/10/2018
Salary : £17,062.50 FTE
Employment Type : Permanent
Department : University Education Services
Permanent, part time (28.8 hours per week)
BPP University offers a range of programmes at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels across Law, Business and Health programmes. We are looking to recruit a highly motivated individual to join our Library & Information Service team in Manchester to assist us in delivering a first rate Library and Information Service to our staff and students.
Applicants should be self-motivated, with good IT and client care skills and the ability to work as part of a team. Responsibilities include assisting with loan and issue desk services, answering staff and student enquiries (including basic IT support), shelving and tidying, and performing clerical and administrative duties.
- assist with the provision of a range of library issue desk services.
- assist staff and students with access and use of the library’s collections.
- answer enquiries received via the library issue desk, via phone or online and refer to other sources of information, advice or further support when appropriate.
- provide basic IT support and refer to other sources of information, advice or further support when appropriate.
- be proactive in maintaining the library environment and ensuring that it is conducive to study.
- promote library tools and training and services to students.
- undertake work involving the movement of books and book trolleys.
- assist the library manager with the delivery of library inductions and skills training sessions.
- undertake project work in keeping with the role.
- present a positive image of BPP University.
Skills, knowledge and qualifications required
Education and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualifications and experience held Yes
- Experience and Knowledge
- Previous experience of work in libraries Yes
- Previous experience of working with students in a higher education setting Yes
- Experience in a customer service role Yes
- Confidence in using Microsoft Office products, email and the internet Yes
- Experience in using Symphony or other automated library management systems Yes
- Experience in using Moodle or other Virtual Learning Environments Yes
- Experience in using Sharepoint or similar intranet system Yes
Competencies and Skills
- Reliable Yes
- Motivated Yes
- Excellent customer service skills Yes
- Excellent communication skills Yes
- Excellent attention to detail Yes
- Confidence with digital technology Yes
- Good problem-solving skills Yes
- Good organizational skills Yes
- Ability to build respectful relationships with a range of people Yes
- Genuine interest in making a positive contribution Yes
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check.