Cardiothoracic Surgery Research Data Tech, SR
Cardiovascular & Thoracic
Coordinate and participate in a variety of duties involved in the collection, interpretation and documentation of data in support of research and/or information gathering activities.
The ideal candidate will have a biological/health science background or medical data experience. Knowledge and use of medical terminology is preferred. Experience with entering and/or extracting data from an electronic health record system is a plus.
- Coordinate and participate in a variety of duties involved in collecting, interpreting, documenting and summarizing descriptive, analytical and evaluative data in support of research and/or information gathering activities.
- Establish procedures for the procurement of data through observation,interviewing, analyzing records and other sources.
- Coordinate the coding and keypunching of data in preparation for computer processing; maintain liaison with University data processing and ensure quality control.
- Coordinate the preparation of reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Recommend new methods for collection and documentation of data; write and revise procedural manuals as required.
- Make work assignments and review the work of lower level employees; assist in training of new personnel.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to bean exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Requisition Number 401490860
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 258 DATA TECH, SENIOR
Job Family Level 09
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in a field related to the specific position.
Work requires two years of experience as a data technician or related position. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID