Specialist, Digital Communications, University Development
Specialist, Digital Communications Duke University Development Office Summary The Specialist is a key member of the Development Marketing and Communications team. With direct report to the Director of Digital Communications, this position oversees and executes communications efforts in email, social media, and other digital channels. Additionally, this position provides analytic and strategic support to University Development Marketing communications team and internal partners. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to design, execute and analyze results of market research studies in support of marketingcampaigns.
The responsibilities as envisioned include:
- With direction from the Director of Digital Communications, envision and create analytics roadmaps for communications projects and campaigns
- Identify new data collection strategies and make recommendations for evolving the Development Marketing and Communications analytics programs
- Define metrics, actions and events to be aggregated and oversee collection of data for active projects and reporting of results
- Monitor and report performance metrics on University Development email communications
- Lead the creation, execution and delivery of regular, visually engaging communications reports (including key metrics) that summarize results of communications efforts and initiatives
- Act as strategic analytics lead; own analytics and measurement plan development and execution defined plans
- Monitor and report on performance of social media channel communications, taking advantage of social media analytics applications
- Oversee data collection and behavioral/analytics vendor projects
- Identify trends and insights and assist in formulating recommendations for continued improvement of our marketing campaigns
- Maintain and organize Development Communications marketing report and data archives
- Assist in the creation and execution of digital advertising strategy and related campaigns
- Collaborate with team to develop email communications strategy that drives overall fundraising efforts
- In collaboration with University Development communication colleagues, assemble, schedule, and deliver digital communications, including newsletters, invitations, surveys and announcements
- Perform tasks related to the design,construction, delivery, and reporting of digital communications
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Director of Digital Communications
- Teamwork Foster positive work relationships and work in an inclusive team approach.
- Promotes Innovation and Creativity Improve organizational performance through the application of original thinking to existing and emerging methods, processes, products and services.
- Attention to Detail Value and ensure thorough and accurate information in allwork. Organize and deliver information in a clear and concise manner
- Planning, Prioritizing and Multitasking Possesses the ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work; effectively manages multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
- Collaborating with Others Possesses the ability to work well with others to achieve shared success in both formal and informal collaborative efforts within one's work group and across Duke
- Expressing Ideas Orally and in Writing Ability to communicate ideas, thoughts, and facts orally and in writing
- Bachelor's degree or higher, with 2 or more years of relevant work experience, preferably 4 or more years experience
- Strong knowledge of digital communications creation, delivery and monitoring systems
- Work experience and/or educational background related to analytic and statistical techniques
- Strong understanding of online analytics best practices and techniques
- Experience with software analytics packages such as Google Analytics, Tableau, and related
- Strong knowledge of survey, marketing analytics, quantitative tools and methods
- Understanding of multimedia distribution practices in all digital channels
- Extensive knowledge of HTML and applicable design skills as they relate to design, construction, and delivery of electronic communications
- Knowledge of graphic design and digital production applications
- Ability to keep pace with changing digital communications and marketing analytics landscape
- Experience in development and distribution of content within social media platforms
- Fluency in both Macintosh and Microsoft Windows environments
Interested Applicants In addition to your online application, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please put “Specialist, Digital Communications” in the subject line.
Requisition Number 401490324
Duke Entity CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
Job Code 1268 PUBLIC RELATIONS SPEC, SENIOR
Job Family Level 12
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires the ability to perform creative writing and relatedactivities such as conducting interviews and research, and copy editingnormally acquired through attainment of a bachelor's degree inJournalism, English or a related discipline.
Work requires two years of directly related writing experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID