Curriculum and Student Service Manager
Work type: Continuing
Melbourne Graduate School of Education
Salary: $99,199 - $107,370 per annum plus 17% superannuation
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) is at the forefront of innovation in education, working with partners in schools, early childhood settings, communities, government and beyond, constantly seeking new and improved ways to support Australia's education system
The MGSE is seeking a talented Curriculum and Student Services Manager who will be responsible for driving the strategic planning, delivery, and evaluation of the Graduate School’s curriculum, admissions and student focused functions for higher degree coursework programs, in support of the Graduate School’s Strategic Plan.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the delivery of cyclical procedures related to curriculum and admissions, ongoing improvement of local policies, procedures and processes, and reporting on their effectiveness;
- Curriculum administration for coursework courses, subjects and related student administration matters, and selection activities for direct International and Domestic applications, as well as partnering with MGSE and University Services colleagues to ensure the smooth administration of offers for MGSE courses.
- Administration of curriculum matters, the assessment of applications, including the assessment of applications against course entry requirements, and liaising with academic Course Coordinators and Course Selection Committees to ensure timely and effective outcomes for MGSE’s graduate coursework applicants;
- Effective working relationships with MGSE academic course coordinators, MGSE professional staff colleagues, and the University’s Academic Services division are needed to ensure high quality and timely service delivery of end to end prospective student engagement; and
- Supervising a small team.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 26 Sep 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria