Project Fellow in Economics
1 day left
- Full Time
Melbourne Institute: Applied Economic & Social Research
Salary: $69,148 – $93,830 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The Melbourne Institute: Applied Economic & Social Research is Australia’s pre-eminent economic and social policy research department that sits within the University of Melbourne’s Faculty of Business and Economics. The Melbourne Institute undertakes high quality, independent and impartial applied research, and contributes to the development of public policy in Australia. The Institute provides high calibre research to government, business and community groups. The work of the institute involves housing, creating, transforming, data that are developed under a range of methods and that require the use of a range of security and monitoring protocols (from low to high security).
About the role
You will be involved in the development of projects and writing of reports and related publications. You will also be involved in the day to day and higher level project management that involves interacting with academic and non-academic stakeholders, provide data and analytical support to team members and take on more complex tasks over the course of the fellowship.
This is an exciting opportunity for professional learning and growth especially in the management of policy relevant projects and reports. Throughout the 1-year fellowship program, the successful candidate will receive extensive training to develop the capabilities for identifying and understanding important issues, managing projects and writing/organizing/editing of reports and related documents for a non-academic audience.
- An Honours and/or Masters degree in Economics or a related sub-field. Similar qualifications in another quantitative social science (health services research, psychology) or statistics/data analytics would also be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to assist with the undertaking of applied research and interacting with funders of the research/projects being undertaken by the Melbourne Institute
- Strong analytical skills and/or critical thinking skills
- An ability and willingness to work collaboratively to ensure successful project outcomes.
- A track record in research and writing, and the potential to develop further research expertise
- An ability to liaise with external clients in academic, government and non-government sectors
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 26 September 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria