Sessional VE Teachers - Media and Communications
- City Campus Location
- $51.90 - $71.34 per hour.
- Multiple casual roles available.
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
School of Media and Communication
The School of Media and Communication aims to produce graduates who will respond creatively to the challenges of a rapidly changing international, media-driven environment. Media and Communication has strong links with industry, and responds to ongoing change brought about by technology and convergence. The School is positioned as a major contributor and leader of the debate within media driven industries.
The School delivers the full spectrum of educational programs from certificate to PhD: industry training, short courses, vocational education, undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. Some programs have flexible delivery options for online learning and the School has a significant presence in international markets onshore and offshore. The School is a diverse, international group of dedicated people developing knowledge relevant to multiple social contexts.
Employment will be on a casual basis with start dates from the beginning of February 2019 depending on when vacancies arise. The School is seeking to recruit experienced, qualified, vocational education teachers with current and extensive industry experience in the following areas:
Screen and Media
- Script editing for film, television and digital media
- Research stories for film, television and digital media
- Media asset management [data wrangling, media exchange, EVS]
- Production management for film and television production
- Producer/Director for film, television and online content
- Camera and lighting for film and television production
- Vision mixing for live events and broadcast television
- Screenwriting for film, television and digital media
Professional Writing and Editing
- Professional writing and editing
- Screenwriting for film, television and online content
- Content producer for social media
Sound and Live Production
- Test and Tag
- Vision systems, sound systems, stage management for live events
- Lighting systems for live events
- Production management for live events
- Live sound reinforcement and location recording
- Audio production for post-production / editing / recording skills
Interactive and Digital Media
- Unity developer [games, mobile, VR/AR]
- Front end web developer
- 3D animation, character and environment art.
Ability to teach at least two of the subjects will be an added advantage.
Skills and Experience Required
Appointment is subject to passing a Working with Children Check and completing or having completed the following:
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or its successor or
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, and one of the following:
(i) TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills or its successor or
(ii) TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills, and one of the following:
(iii) TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools or its successor or
(iv) TAEASS502A Design and develop assessment tools or
(v) TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools or
- A diploma or higher level qualification in adult education.
To apply please provide:
- Cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and your relevant experience.
- CV detailing any relevant industry experience.
For further information please contact Raff Parlato on +61 3 9925 4815 or email email@example.com.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.