Service Desk Analyst, Biology
Biology Service Desk Analyst
The Service Desk Analyst (SDA) is responsible for the health of all Biology owned supported, monitored and managed systems. The SDA will provide IT technical and application support to the Faculty and Staff of the Biology and Evolutionary Anthropology Departments. They are responsible for identifying incidents, events and analyzing problem trends, overseeing the management and resolution of issues using a multitude of tools. They troubleshoot and resolve discovered issues under the scope of the Biology\Evanth IT Department and Service Desk. The SDA Analyst requires technical acumen, excellent communication skills, troubleshooting skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks. They need to quickly determine root cause and resolve issues as quickly as possible to ensure exceptional customer service is provided and services for research, teaching and learning are not impacted.
Using Service Now ticketing system oversee and manage all incoming tickets, participating in technical escalation of IT issues with the IT Manager. Responsible for the daily monitoring of the ticket console in the ServiceNow tracking system as well as entering new incidents or requests in ServiceNow
Responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting of processes, system triage and recovery, providing customer service and service management for all Windows and Macintosh computers within the Biology infrastructure
Meets work standards by following productivity, quality, follow through and customer service standards; resolving desktop support and maintenance problems within set time frame:
- All new incidents have a response time of 24 hours
- All tickets are updated daily with status and work notes
- All tickets are closed after 3 attempts to resolved within 7 business days
Maintenance of all departmental printers
Responsible for organization; coordination and pickup of surplus equipment
While staffing the Biology\Evanth service desk for walk-in support will be responsible of the coordination and organization of workflow for Student Computer Consultant workers who staff the Bio\Evanth Service desk:
- Accomplishes work requirements by orienting, training, assigning, and coaching student consultants
- Ensures all new incidents, checking in of equipment or requests are entered in ServiceNow and properly documented.
- All new incidents have a response time of 24 hours, are updated daily with status and work notes, and are closed after 3 attempts to resolved within 7 business days.
- Delegation and management of projects provided by IT Manager with detailed tracking and project progress
- Encourages and explores opportunities to add value to departmental needs and job accomplishments
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a technology related field
- Minimum of 3 years IT experience
- Certifications (Preferred but not required)
- Basic certification in A+; Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert; Cisco Certified Network Assistant
- Ability to work with limited supervision in a team environment
- Experience troubleshooting computer hardware and software, networking issues
- Results oriented, organized, efficient and self motivated
- Exceptional customer service skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Insatiable appetite to learn new technologies and overcome technical challenges
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, MDM solutions; SCCM, JAMF (Casper), Security policies, procedures and protocols
- Experience with multiple operating systems and server systems including Windows server 2012-2016, Windows OS 7, 10; OS X server; Mac OS X 10.7-10.13, Linux OS experience a plus.
- Preferred skills
- Experience with IOS and Windows tablet devices
Requisition Number 401487184
Duke Entity UNIVERSITY
Job Code 2423 ANALYST, IT
Job Family Level C
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Refer to Job Description
Auto req ID