Financial Management Analyst II, Accounts Receivable and Card Program Services
Coordinates and performs activities related to accounts receivable management for grants and contracts. Ensure all activities related to accounts receivable collections are coordinated between Corporate A/R, sponsors, and other Duke departments to maximize cash collection.
- Review and analyze accounts receivable aging reports to prioritize collections activity.
- Engage sponsors to verify status of aged receivables and collect past due amounts.
- Document sponsor interactions and code aged receivables using standard coding structure.
- Follow-up with internal Duke contacts based on sponsors’ explanations for non-payment.
- Adhere to collection best practices to develop policies, procedures and associated measurement goals.
- Monitor collection activities to identify trends and provide recommendations to address and correct unfavorable trends.
- Communicate with Duke contacts to verify sponsors’ non-payment concerns and develop a resolution plan to address past due accounts.
- Coordinate A/R testing for system changes and/or enhancements.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with federal regulations and grant requirements for collection purposes.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence related to collection activities to ensure accurate, timely, and complete information is communicated to the sponsors.
- Prepare monthly collection and outstanding accounts receivable balance reports to provide management with an overview of accounts receivable metrics.
- Provide reports and analyses depicting progress and adverse trends and developappropriate recommendationsor conclusions, as necessary.
- Recommend and implement improvements to related systems, policies and procedures to gain efficiencies and enhance customer service.
Requirements include a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related field. CPA is desirable.
Experience requirements are four years' experience in financial management, cost accounting or a field directly related to specialized area of assignment
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Requisition Number 401489570
Duke Entity CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR
Job Code 1807 FINANCIAL MGMT ANALYST II
Job Family Level 14
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics,Business Administration or a related field. CPA is desirable.
Work requires four years experience in financial management, cost accounting or a field directly related to specialized area ofassignment.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID