Patient Service Associate, Durham-Orthopaedics, NCOC
Orthopaedics - NCOC
Team member will be the front line face of the clinic and will perform a variety of duties associated with registering patients for practice services to include obtaining and processing patient data, scheduling appointments, posting charges, and collecting on account balances. Also responsible for clerical duties including but not limited to work queues and restocking business supplies.
- Upon patient arrival, complete account registration and arrive patient in EPIC.
- Clearing all registration edits throughout the registration/check in process to ensure a clean claim and expedited billing.
- Receive cash, check and credit card payments from patients, issuing correct change and a receipt.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of shift and prepare daily batch forms.
- Check out and scheduling of future appointments.
- Confirm that all registration edits have been resolved prior to releasing the patient.
- Post office visit charges in EPIC from encounter form provided by provider, ensuring that all edits are cleared to ensure timely billing.
- Everyday clinic is to be prepped for the following date. This includes printing encounter forms , interim histories, and filing them for ease of access.
- Maintaining adequate stock of supplies and forms used in the ordinary course of job responsibilities, notifying manager to order additional supplies when low.
- Organizational Duties- promoting patient rights, responding to emergency codes, following HR, Compliance and Joint Commission policies
- Monthly desk rotation to keep scheduling, registration, and charge posting skills sharp to help the clinic in times of absence.
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times, maintaining a polite, positive demeanor when dealing with patients and co-workers alike.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- List factors that identify the better candidates from a group of people who meet the minimum qualifications.
- Knowledge of health care field and medical office protocols/procedures
- Epic experience and strong computer
- Skills in performing medical office administrative task, knowledge of orthopedic workflow and terminology.
- Ability to learn, project a pleasant and professional image, to prioritize and complete delegated tasks and to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills& cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs.
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. Must be able to push/pull 30 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 30 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401483321
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4502 PATIENT SERVICE ASSOCIATE
Job Family Level B2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge of basic grammar and mathematical principles normally acquired through high school education
Minimum of one year of work experience in directly communicating and providing service to patients or public; preferably in a healthcare related field. Experience in effectively coordinating multiple tasks or activities.
Auto req ID