Grants and Contracts Administrator
Molecular Genetics and Microbiology
- Plan and coordinate the preparation of applications for grants and contracts, monitor funds to ensure receipt and disbursement according to terms of grants or contracts, and submit fiscal reports as required.
- Responsible for independently monitoring and tracking external and internal funding applications to insure internal and sponsor deadlines are met; responsible for reviewing submissions from Admin for accuracy and completeness prior to business manager approval and routing to ORA. Has authority to reject grants applications in SPS for revision.
- Establish internal deadlines and communicate renewal schedule and expectations to faculty, Postdocs, Admin, and students as well as outside institutions and companies to ensure timely, accurate submission of materials.
- Work directly with other institutions and companies to prepare subcontract applications and execute subcontracts when grants are awarded. Serves as Department Approver in absence of Business Manager.
- Works with principal investigators, post docs, students, Admin and staff to submit and administer contracts and grants in accordance with University policies and sponsor's requirements regarding records, reports, controls and conditions governing expenditure of funds. Departmental point of contact with ORA coordinating all communication regarding pre-award and post-award activity.
- Works with faculty, post docs, and students to proactively identify available external and internal funding sources and to interpret sponsor requirements to determine qualification criteria, match with research program and availability of effort for application.
- Manages faculty and staff effort - maintains current Other Support and serving as SPOC for the department. Approval of cost distribution changes prior to change to insure that effort agrees with salary distribution.
- Serve as trainer/mentor for departmental staff and Duke research administration staff.
- Establish and maintain departmental procedures and guidelines for grant administration including monitoring of staff and faculty training to insure all training is current and assisting faculty with submission and renewal of IACUC and IRB protocols. Manage RCR training to insure all required individuals have completed in a timely manner.
Other duties as needed or assigned.
Requisition Number 401487266
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 2647 GRANTS AND CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR
Job Family Level 81
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communications, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.Research or grants education and/or certification is preferred.Successful completion of Financial Services Introduction to R3,Introduction to Duke GL, Introduction to Accounting, Sponsored Research Reporting, Research Administration at Duke (on-line), Basic Compliance(on-line) within first six months of hire is required.Successful completion of the Research Administration Academy (RAA) is required.
Employees hired into this classification without RAA training will work closely with their manager to schedule and complete the training within 12 months of start date. The expectation is that the staff member will maintain the requirements for their level. Failing to meet these requirements will be addressed through the performance review process. Upon successful completion of expected training, the employee must maintain certification(s) by completing continuing education requirements.
No experience required for candidates who possess a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a field of study directly related to the specific position.
Auto req ID