Senior Laboratory Administrator, Neurosurgery
- Evaluate and interpret collected data and prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress,adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Confer with principal investigators and Lab staff in developing plans for research projects and to discuss the interpretation of results and the preparation of scientific manuscripts for publication.
- Develop and implement laboratory policies and procedures. Manage and coordinate operational policies and procedures; coordinate with research staff on issues which impact laboratory functions.
- Responsible for lab safety and annual audits. In charge of the submission of work orders and service requests.Maintain liaison with investigators, research personnel and staff to solve specific operating problems and improve technical activities.
- Advise on technical procedures, techniques and equipment, and maintain conformance with specific operational standards. Maintain maintenance contracts.
- Assist in formulating and implementing the short and long-range goals for the operation of the laboratory. Project future needs and formulate strategies consistent with projections.
- Assure the laboratory technicians and analysts are properly trained in Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and equipment specific requirements.
- Responsible for onboarding new employees.Work closely with NSU Grants and Contracts Manager to assist with budget development and grant administration for specific grants.
- Responsible for budget projections for the lab.Review and approve corporate card transactions.
Preferences: 5 years of lab management experience, grants and contracts experience. Excellent Communication skills.
Requisition Number 401489087
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 2995 SENIOR LABORATORY ADMINISTRATOR
Job Family Level 14
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in engineering or field of science related to the position.
Work requires a minimum of 5-7 years experience in laboratory management.OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Auto req ID