Supervisor, Accounts Receivable
SPECIAL PROGRAMS - VENDORS
Supervise and coordinate the activities of the Accounts Receivable section of the Duke Hospital Business Office.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of the Accounts Receivable section of the Duke Hospital Business Office to include the processing of third party claims and the maintenance, review, updating and collection of patient accounts in accordance with hospital credit policy.
- Approve various transactions including refunds, ability-to-pay allowances,discounts and write-offs for hospital convenience; evaluate and process insurance denials and late insurance claims information as required.Investigate special collection problems and confer with patients or financially responsible persons as required to advise concerning hospital credit policy and to make arrangements for payment of outstanding accounts; recommend transfer of patient accounts to Delinquent Accounts section.
- Maintain liaison with hospital and clinic supervisory personnel to coordinate efforts in resolving problems concerning collection of patient accounts receivable; answer inquiries from insurance companies concerning outstanding accounts as required.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and analyses,setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.Plan and schedule work to ensure proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning for subsequent performance of duties.Plan and conduct meetings with subordinates to ensure compliance with established practices, to implement new policies and keep employees abreast of current changes and standards.
- Develop and recommend operating policies and procedures for Accounts Receivable section.Assist in the determination of fiscal requirements and the compilation of budgetary recommendations.
- Initiate various personnel actions include, but not limited to,hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules, train new employees.Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- SKILLS PERSONNEL
- PRACTICES ACCOUNTING/
- DUKE PAYROLL SYSTEM
- OFFICE PROCEDURES
- DUKE ACCOUNTING SYSTEM
- INSURANCE CLAIMS
- PC WORD PROCESSING
- PC SPREADSHEET
- PC DATABASE
- MGT SOFTWARE
Requisition Number 401489934
Duke Entity PRMO
Job Code 5280 SUPERVISOR, ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
Job Family Level E3
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work generally requires knowledge of clerical and accounting principles usually acquired through an associate degree in Accounting or a directly related field.
Work generally requires five years of progressive experience in an accounts receivable environment. A bachelor's degree in Accounting or directly related field may be substituted for the education requirement and 2 years experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANTEDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID