Radiologic Technologist. Off-Site Pract
DUKE FAMILY MEDICINE CLINIC
Perform a variety of technical tasks involved in operating radiographic equipment and making radiographs of designated portions of the body. Perform other functions as needed to support a Duke University Health System off-site practice.
- Perform a variety of technical tasks involved in operating x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated body positions.
- Adjust equipment for proper radiographic exposure techniques in accordance with radiation safety guidelines.
- Perform supportive duties including but not limited to: obtaining vital signs, drawing blood, extracting sutures, EKGs, cast removal, cleaning wounds, and applying medications and dressings.
- Position patients using positioning assistance devices and protective equipment as necessary.
- Monitor accessory equipment and assist the physician with fluoroscopic and special procedures.
- Report changes in patient's condition to the medical staff.
- Process Images with correct patient identification information.
- Calibrate radiographic equipment; perform routine equipment maintenance and perform annual lead apron survey and inspection.
- Provide orientation and training to new personnel.
- Annually review and sign Radiation Safety program policy.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work herein.
Requisition Number 401488679
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 4129 RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST. OFF-SITE PRAC
Job Family Level D3
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Graduate of an AMA approved School of Radiology Technology
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
ARRT certification in radiography BLS certification
Auto req ID