Radiology Southpoint Mammography
Perform a variety of technical activities associated with the performance of screening and diagnostic mammography procedures.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving the operation of mammographic radiographic equipment and other equipment/devices as appropriate.
- Position patients, using immobilization when necessary.
- Calculate exposure factors, assist physicians. Perform the quality control functions related to mammography.
- Evaluate radiographs for diagnostic quality obtaining additional images as needed.
- Prepare and set up medical supplies using aseptic techniques if appropriate.
- Explain procedures to patients. Charge mammographic procedures and supplies in Maestro or EPIC.
- Provide orientation to new Mammographers.
- Provide education and training to student Mammographers.
- Assist in maintenance and compilation of statistical data.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing all breast imaging procedures, to include breast interventional procedures.
- Monitor mammography section procedures and supply charges to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work therein.
**DUHS offers career growth and enrichment within Imaging services. There is a clinical ladder program with various steps and opportunities at each hospital within the health system.
Requisition Number 401489418
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 4091 MAMMOGRAPHY TECHNOLOGIST
Job Family Level F2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Graduate of a 24-month AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology. Technologists initially qualifying on or after April 28, 1999, must meet the Mammo-Specific requirements by having at least 40 hours of documented training in mammography.
Must obtain ARRT certification within one year of employment. Performance of a minimum of 25 mammography exams under direct supervision of an appropriate MQSA qualified individual. At least 8 hours of training in using any modality (e.g., digital) before beginning to use that modality independently.
Minimum of two years' experience as a Mammography technologist. Must perform at least 200 mammography examinations in a 24 month period.
A minimum of 4 years' experience within specialty modality in which they are seeking promotion
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
ARRT certification in radiography ARRT advanced certification in mammography FDA/MQSA qualified to include meeting the MQSA CE requirements of at least 15 CEUs in a 36 month period that must include at least 6 CEUs in each mammographic modality used. BLS certification
Auto req ID