Manager, Coding Operations
DIRECTOR, REVENUE OPERATIONS AND CODING
Responsible for the oversight of all functions within the department. Serve as a member of the team; subscribe to the vision, values and expectations of the Duke University Health System.
- Provide direction for the division.
- Promote and emulate a patient-centric and customer service focus within the division.
- Develop the division operating budget and goals.
- Responsible for the financial, service and productivity performance of the division.
- Proactively monitor, analyze and manage reports and all related documents.
- Ensure the division is integrated with other departmental areas.
- Develop the division's operational policies, procedures standards and expectations, providing clear opportunities to meet or exceed the entity balanced scorecard objectives.
- Conduct performance reviews of direct reports; develop and mentor direct reports and staff.
- Participate in community and agency events.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Requisition Number 401490205
Duke Entity PRMO
Job Code 5321 MANAGER, CODING OPERATIONS
Job Family Level H2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
BS Health Information Management, Health Informatics, Health Administration, Finance or related field. Master's degree in Business Administration or Health Administration is preferred.
Six years of experience in the healthcare industry is required, two of the six years are supervising or coordinating coding activities.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), or Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
Auto req ID