Financial Management Analyst II, Department of Surgery
Coordinate the preparation of operational and capital budgets, financial statements, statistical reports, cost analyses and other financial information; review and analyze unit budget requests and advise units regarding changes in budgets to meet operational requirements.
- Monitor budget expenditures and prepare written reports and analyses to management setting fort progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Prepare and coordinate distribution of various financial reports and analyses for senior management and external agencies to include financial analysis of individual unit operations.
- Maintain liaison with business unit financial managers and administrative staff in the preparation and analysis of financial reports, to provide information and to resolve problems concerning variances from approved budget.
- Provide information to various university and unit personnel for the development of cost allocation negotiations.
- Recommend various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisal, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
- Develop study budgets and prepare compliant internal cost assessments (ICAs), paying close attention to allocability and allow ability of research expenditures in coordination with clinical study investigators and their study team, departmental staff and appropriate institutional offices (ORC, DOCR).
- Provide financial advice to PIs and CRCs in the negotiation of study budgets with sponsors.
- Track the status of proposed projects related to budget and contract issues and provide updates to the CRU leadership, PIs and staff to support decision-making regarding new studies and resolve funding sources for underfunded projects.
- Interpret contractual payment terms and prepare final contract and associated budget and documents to hand-off for CRU team members.
- Reconcile patient care expenses from Maestro Care to SAP R/3 for assigned WBSEs per departmental and institutional guidelines.
- Attend billing grid meetings with CRU team and DOCR to assist with putting billing grid in line with budget and ICA.
- Ideal candidate will effectively manage their workload and have open communication with the CRU team to work collaboratively to resolve issues and assist team members as needed.
- Monitor sponsor, regulatory and institutional compliance with contract terms and institutional policies and procedures.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Requisition Number 401488174
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 1807 FINANCIAL MGMT ANALYST II
Job Family Level 14
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a related field. CPA is desirable.
Work requires four years experience in financial management, cost accounting or a field directly related to specialized area of assignment. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID