Lab Research Analyst I, Pharmacology and Cancer Biology
Conduct a variety of investigations in the planning, development and implementation of experimental procedures within the overall scope of a research project at Duke University.
- Conduct a variety of investigations in the planning, development and implementation of experimental procedures and specialized laboratory techniques in the analysis of materials under experimentation.
- Collect information and data through observation, experimentation and various other methods, to include operating highly technical laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Prepare tissue and specimens for complex procedures, and devise experimental techniques for tests and analyses. Evaluate and interpret collected data and prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Confer with principal investigator in determining specific experiments to be included in the research protocol and to discuss the interpretation of results.
- Review journals, abstracts and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous experiments to aid in the design and development of original procedures and techniques.
- Supervise, train and instruct residents, interns, students or lower level personnel in laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with ability to work independently. Experience in gene expression, functional genomics, proteomics and advanced microscopy preferred.
Requisition Number 401490080
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 1888 LAB RESEARCH ANALYST I
Job Family Level 11
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or otherdirectly related scientific field.
Work requires two years of research experience. A related master'sdegree may offset required years of experience on a 1:1 basis, e.g., atwo year master's degree in lieu of two years of experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID