Senior Business Support Analyst
- Salary Package: From $100,706 to $112,058 p.a. (HEW Level 8), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
The Business Support team within the Information Technology department is currently seeking a suitably qualified Senior Business Support Analyst with experience in finance applications, and ideally, student management systems.
Reporting to the Business Support Team leader, you will:
- Investigate and determine functional and non-functional business requirements, provide analysis and solutions in business engagements, in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Manage support activities to solve complex problems in the execution of BAU operations, including undertaking root cause analysis.
- Assess and test new patches from software vendors.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in determining project assessments, requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
- Collaborate with software vendors to identify and resolve issues and implement appropriate solutions or enhancements.
- Conduct process reviews and mapping current and future processes.
The Business Support team focuses on two streams of activities: day to day operational activities including support and delivering improvements to the finance and student administration processes. The Senior Business Support Analyst leads these activities and has ownership of all issues raised, working with business and IT stakeholders. You will be used to working in a busy setup with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
Your proactive nature, high level of energy, flexibility and resilience, whilst maintaining discretion and professionalism, will see you thrive in a role where you will work in collaboration with others to achieve shared goals.
The Business Support Team sits within the IT Partnerships & Engagement portfolio. IT Partnerships & Engagement is responsible for fostering relationships with Faculties and Offices to identify and forecast IT business requirements and matching IT solutions; coordinate business change programs and ensure training and development opportunities are provided to stakeholders to maximise IT systems to support research, learning and teaching activities.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent business experience;
- Demonstrated experience as an IT support analyst on finance applications, including working on numerous business improvements initiatives in a timely manner; experience with student management systems would be advantageous
- Delivering solutions for complex and troubleshooting issues across multiple systems and providing technical resolutions to non-technical users.
- Substantive experience in stakeholder management and facilitation;
- Demonstrated experience with analysis, project management methodologies; Experience with SQL and ETL is desirable.
- The ability to apply different supportive methodologies and frameworks, including ITIL, Agile and DevOps.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Enquiries: Eric Viana on email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday, 23 September 2018 at 11.55 pm (AEST)
Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde NSW 2109
This position requires criminal record and qualifications checking.
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.