Research Fellow, Future of Work Institute
3 year fixed term, full time
$98,059 - $116,369 (ALB) plus 17% Superannuation
Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% universities worldwide (ARWU 2018), and is also ranked in the top 1% globally (QS World University Rankings 2019) and is placed 20th in the world for universities less than 50 years old (QS Top 50 Under 50 2019). Curtin is WA’s most preferred university, with highly engaged industry-facing partners. A major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
Your New Role in the Future of Work Instutute
The Future of Work Institute is seeking a research fellow with a track record of academic excellence and a passion for research and data analysis. You will work with a dynamic team of researchers collaborating with industry to create new insights into issues affecting how people work. You will work with longitudinal and multilevel data from diverse sources including wearables, employee surveys, text documents, and other organisational data systems. You will work at the interface of psychology, management, and data science to address evolving needs in the changing world of work.
The successful candidates will be working in:
- Data Analytics - Future of Work Institute
- Technology - Future of Work Institute
Click here to explore more about the Future of Work Institute -http://campaign.curtin.edu.au/future-of-work-institute/
You will bring to the role
- A passion for research and analysis using diverse analytic methods (for example, multivariate statistics, mathematical models, natural language processing, or machine learning).
- A PhD qualification within organisational psychology, data science, or related fields.
- Experience in collaborating with multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to communicate the meaning and implications of analyses to a diverse audience
What we offer you
- A chance to be part of the newly established Future of Work Institute at Curtin University, working with leading researchers in the future of work
- A role located in the CBD of Perth, close to industry
- 17% superannuation
What we need from you
You are encouraged to respond specifically to the selection criteria which can be found in the Academic Role Statement.
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday 7 October 2018
How to apply
For further information and to be considered for this position please apply directly on Curtin University's website, http://staff.curtin.edu.au/job-vacancies/
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any ability assistance.
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact:
Professor Mark Griffin - Director, Future of Work Institute
Phone: 08 9266 2279
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.