- Salary Package: From $100,706 to $112,058 p.a. (HEW Level 8), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Appointment Type: Full-time, continuing
The Business Support team within the Information Technology department is currently seeking a suitably qualified Report Developer with experience in student management systems and finance applications.
Reporting to the Systems Support Team Leader, you will:
- Gather business requirements from a range of stakeholders and translate those into report specifications
- Design and develop a range of reports and dashboards to provide crucial information for a range of strategic decisions and to support program performance
- Provide day to day support for reports including trouble shooting and change requests
- Review and critically evaluate student administrative processes and update reporting capabilities against business requirements to identify gaps, recommend and implement improvements and/or solutions.
- Collaborate with relevant Information Technology, Student Systems and Financial Services staff and software vendors to develop and implement or manage the implementation of agreed solutions.
- Investigate system reporting problems or inefficiencies and collaborate with software vendors to identify the underlying issues and implement appropriate solutions or enhancements.
- Contribute reporting and data extractions expertise to multiple business engagements and change initiatives to ensure projects are delivered within scope, timeframe and budget.
The Business Support team focuses on two streams of activities: day to day operational activities including support and delivering improvements to the finance and student administration processes across Macquarie University. Your experience gained in a similar role will be essential in providing specialist advice and support to analyse and develop systems reporting requirements. You will also develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. You will be used to working in a busy setup with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
Your proactive nature, high level of energy, flexibility and resilience, whilst maintaining discretion and professionalism, will see you thrive in a role where you will work in collaboration with others to achieve shared goals.
The Business Support Team sits within the IT Partnerships & Engagement portfolio. IT Partnerships & Engagement is responsible for fostering relationships with Faculties and Offices to identify and forecast IT business requirements and matching IT solutions; coordinate business change programs and ensure training and development opportunities are provided to stakeholders to maximise IT systems to support research, learning and teaching activities.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online and attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet to the selection criteria below:
- A relevant degree with extensive experience in student administration systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of core student administrative functions, frameworks, models, approaches, Oracle Databases and Storage procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in Crystal Report Writer, report development tools and extensive experience in specifying report requirements and interfaces.
- Extensive experience designing and developing complex reports using SQL query and Stored procedures, able to manage conflicting deadlines and deliverables.
- Experience of maintaining and leading improvements to the reporting functionality of large and complex student management information systems.
- Extensive experience using database schema.
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below:
Enquiries: Cristiano Kochenborger on Cristiano.Kochenborger@mq.edu.au
Applications Close: Sunday, 23 September 2018 at 11:55 pm (AEST)
Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde NSW 2109
This position requires criminal record and qualifications checking.
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.