Deputy Director, Partnerships
Office of Global Engagement
- Opportunity to provide managerial support in the execution of international engagement strategy, policy and planning
- Full-time, Continuing
- Remuneration package: SGS1, a competitive remuneration package will be offered which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Director, Partnerships, provides managerial support in the execution of international engagement strategy, policy and planning. Ensures effective management of a commercial business unit (International Leaders Program), University joint venture (Confucius Institute) and Partnership Collaboration Awards selection and post-award administration in alignment with University policies and practices. Prepares the Partnerships budget in-line with strategy to meet the priorities and objectives of the unit. Ensures compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory controls, and ensures a safe working environment for all staff.
In this position, you will:
- provide advice and management support to the Director, Partnerships
- be responsible for overseeing the joint selection processes and post-award administration for Partnership Collaboration Awards (total budget value $1.5m pa)
- provide general management for the International Leaders Program and University of Sydney Confucius Institute within the Office of Global Engagement
- effectively administer the priority partnerships budget.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Deputy Director, Partnerships who possesses:
- proven management experience, together with flexibility, capacity to adapt to changing circumstances and environments and, when necessary, navigating through ambiguity.
- demonstrated experience in the supervision, training, mentoring and performance management of staff; and experience managing and resolving a diverse range of HR issues.
- financial management experience and literacy, experience managing budgets and controlling income and expenditure for a project.
- strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills together with effective leadership and people management skills.
- proven effective management of a diverse group of key stakeholders on large or complex projects and the ability to develop/cultivate productive relationships with industry providers and key users.
The Office of Global Engagement is situated within the Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) and has responsibility for the leadership, coordination and implementation of University-wide strategies and policies for international engagement and internationalisation.
The University of Sydney’s Strategic Plan 2016-2020 commits the University to developing a focused approach to global engagement. Knowledge does not stop at borders but is, by its very nature, international. Research is increasingly being conducted through international collaboration and the Office of Global Engagement is tasked to create institutional-level strategic alliances to deliver new opportunities to enhance our capacities in research, education and student mobility.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11.30pm, 23 September 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney