Administrative Officer, Business Services
4 days left
- Full Time
SALARY RANGE: $67,675 to $75,904 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and continuing
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role you will be responsible for providing exemplary business and academic administration service and support across the Faculty as part of the Business Services team and in compliance with University policies and procedures.
This will include:
- Providing exemplary administrative support to the Head of Department and other staff in an academic department, providing an appropriate response to queries promptly and efficiently.
- Providing support to the Head of Department's office to ensure effective administrative processes, procedures and systems.
- Providing high-level and accurate information, service and support to staff in an academic department being a key contact point for business service support to other areas.
- Contributing to an effective and positive Business Services team actively sharing information and supporting colleagues to ensure delivery of consistent support across departments.
- A tertiary degree and subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Broad administrative experience preferably in a tertiary institution in the area of business or academic administration or related area.
- Experience in providing high-level administrative support in a busy office environment, in a large, complex organisation governed by policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to gain the co-operation and assistance of others.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Helen Keogh, Tel: +61 3 9244 6549, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 30 September 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.